"STROLLING THROUGH ISTANBUL" Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul by neodue
Istanbul Travel Guide: 8,072 reviews and 20,961 photos
I gave the the name of the John Freely and Hillary Sumner-Boyd's book to my intro page.I think it is the best traveller book written about Istanbul ever.
ISTANBUL VIRTUAL MAP IS IN ENGLISH NOW !!!!
You can search everything in Istanbul for example Mosques,City walls,Fountains etc.you write the name of the building or monument
the map will point it to you and you can find the address and street names easily.
Above the link will help you finding your route.It is electronical map of Istanbul.You can see and find all lanes,museums,hills,monuments,everything and please check
1946,1966,1982 and 2005 air photo of Istanbul.
WHAT TO DO IN ISTANBUL?
Historical places,Museums,Festivals,Ancient Churchs,Mosques,Dervish Lodges etc.
Click below the link
THINGS TO DO
WHERE TO STAY?
Hotels,Apartments,Pansions,Hostels which I recommend
WHERE TO EAT?
Local tastes and lovely turkish food with good prices
WHERE TO EXPLORE?
Places just locals knows,goes and turkish internet sources
OFF THE BEATEN PATH
WHERE TO SHOP?
Shopping centers,malls,local bazaars,local markets,Local food shops
HOW TO TRAVEL TO/INSIDE THE ISTANBUL
How to go to Istanbul and Transport from the airport and Public transport
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE ABOUT ISTANBUL
More details about Istanbul
WARNINGS AND DANGERS
Traffic and Traffic signs etc
WARNING AND DANGERS
Eat in Local Restaurants and do not buy carpet from everyshop
WHERE TO HAVE FUN
Night Clubs,Rock bars ,Cafes etc
Galatasaray,Football,Swimming pools,Sport Halls
SPORTS AND TRAVEL
I have visited this IMM (ISTANBUL METROPOLITAN MUNICIPALITY) book store in yesterday.It s in Istiklal Street and closer to Tunnel.
It s a middle side bookstore with full of nice Istanbul books.Historical books,small gifts about Istanbul.You can buy these things in good price cause it s a municipality book store all books sponsored by KULTUR AS.Which is the company of IMM.
You can find books about history and past of Istanbul .Palaces,gardens,people etc.Beside the books you can find CD-DVD and small magnets with Istanbul photos.Small notebooks etc.
I give you the bookstore shopping web adress
website is in turkish but most of the books are in 2 language(ENGLISH-TURKISH) than you can check and buy them when you come to Istanbul.
If you leave the 3 most important place of Istanbul and hit the narrow lanes of Istanbul in historical peninsula you will see lots of hidden and not in the book places.
Istanbul is int he world heriatage list for 25 years.If you want see those historical part Istanbul do not just stay in SultanAhmet.I suggest you to walk from the Topkapi palace untill Theodosian Wall.From cost and from Forum road.(Now Kennedy Street and Divan Yolu)
Must see 2 districts EMINONU-FATIH
- Pros:THE KING OF THE CITIES
- Cons:IT IS A WORLD ;ISTANBUL
This is the second big covered market of Istanbul.It is part of the NEW MOSQUE complex. If you go to Istanbul do not... more travel advice
I recommend to you visit http://www.dr.com.tr/ or other hiper markets "Real,Carrefour,Migros".You can find turkish films... more travel advice
- See All HOCAPASA STREET
- See All STAYING IN ASIAN SIDE
- See All DO NOT DRIVE IN THE CENTRE OF ISTANBUL
- See All SHOPPING MALLS IN ISTANBUL
- See All BEST VENUE FOR MUSIC
- See All RECEP TAYYIP ERDOGAN STADIUM
- See All 3D IMAGES OF THE HISTORICAL PLACES OF...
- BETWEEN OCTOBER AND APRIL IT IS VERY...
- See All Do not eat food in Tourist places
Been to Istanbul?Share your travels with the world!
neodue's Related Pages
Istanbul Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "STROLLING THROUGH ISTANBUL"
- "The only city in the world build in 2 continents"
- "Istanbul not/and Constantinople"
- "istanbul tips"
- "My Beloved Istanbul"
- "Beauty, Culture, & History - All In One Place!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Istanbul
- Hotels in Istanbul
- Transportation in Istanbul
- Nightlife in Istanbul
- Restaurants in Istanbul
- Shopping in Istanbul
- Warnings and Dangers in Istanbul
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Istanbul
- 206 Reviews
- 644 Photos
- 300 Forum posts
- 28 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Istanbul?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Istanbul
- updated a Istanbul Travel Page "STROLLING THROUGH ISTANBUL"
- Posted in Travel Republic of Macedonia Forum "Re: Skopje-Sarajevo Fligths?"
- Commented on one of venoquine's Istanbul travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "SPICE (EGYPTIAN) MARKET"
- Wrote a Review SPICE (EGYPTIAN) MARKET about Spice Bazaar - Egyptian Bazaar in Istanbul Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Intro, 205 reviews, 644 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sarajevo Intro, 38 reviews, 102 photos
- Turkey Intro, 26 reviews, 50 photos
- Dubrovnik Intro, 15 reviews, 39 photos
- Wilayat Tunis al Janubiyah Intro, 3 reviews, 18 photos
- Mostar Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- El Jem Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Banja Luka 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Travnik Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Tunisia Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos