"Nis - Serbian metropolis on the Balkan trade roads" Top 5 Page for this destination Nis by HORSCHECK
Nis Travel Guide: 194 reviews and 513 photos
In September 2009 we explored Serbia for more than one week. Our first stop in this fascinating country was Nis, which is situated at the river Nisava in Southern Serbia. We reached the city by train from Sofia in Bulgaria and left it by train to Belgrade; Serbia's capital.
With more than 250.000 inhabitants, Nis is Serbia's third largest city as well as an important university town in the Balkans.
We spent 2 nights in Nis which gave us time enough to explore almost all sights from the Turkish Fortress in the city centre to the famous Skull Tower on the outskirts of the town. We even went on a sidetrip to the well known spa resort Niska Banja.
"Write as you speak and read as it is written."
--- Vuk Stefanovic Karadzic ---
- Pros:Relaxed atmosphere; gorgeous tourist sights.
- Cons:Streets under construction; too many cars.
- In a nutshell:Serbian metropolis on the Balkan trade roads.
Serbia is a rapidly developing country, therefore an up to date guide book is highly recommended. This is especially... more travel advice
When we arrived at our hostel we got a sort of "accomodation confirmation" document which listed the address of our... more travel advice
- Nis - Under construction
- Cair Stadium
- Nis by night
- Sidetrip to Niska Banja
- See All Monument to King Aleksandar I...
HORSCHECK's Related Pages
Nis Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "N I Š"
- "Nis - Serbian metropolis on the Balkan trade roads"
- "Home is where the heart is"
- "A Foray into Serbia"
- "GRAD NIS"
- "A peaceful town"
- "Recharging in Nis"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nis
- Hotels in Nis
- Transportation in Nis
- Nightlife in Nis
- Restaurants in Nis
- Shopping in Nis
- Warnings and Dangers in Nis
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nis
- 29 Reviews
- 79 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 34 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (92)
Have you been to Nis?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nis
Photos in NisSee All Photos (79)
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 71 reviews, 230 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 59 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 57 reviews, 190 photos
- London Intro, 65 reviews, 177 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minsk Intro, 54 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 61 reviews, 175 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baku Intro, 43 reviews, 170 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yerevan Intro, 42 reviews, 165 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 50 reviews, 150 photos
- Prague Intro, 49 reviews, 144 photos, 1 travelogue