"Podgorica - Montenegro's unknown capital" Top 5 Page for this destination Podgorica by HORSCHECK
Podgorica Travel Guide: 57 reviews and 111 photos
In summer 2010 we explored Montenegro for almost 2 weeks. On this trip Podgorica was our starting point as well as the city from where we left the country.
With a population of less than 150.000 people Podgorica is one of the smallest capitals in Europe. Due to its almost total destruction during World War II, the city nowadays has not many exciting sights to offer.
Many of the buildings in the city centre date from the socialist era of Yugoslavia, when Podgorica was named Titograd. One of the newer well worth seeing landmarks is the Millenium Bridge (Most Milenijum), which was opened in 2005.
"The beautiful remains so in ugly surroundings."
--- Malcolm De Chazal ---
- Pros:Great starting point for a trip through Montenegro.
- Cons:Not too much to see.
- In a nutshell:Podgorica - Montenegro's unknown capital.
Montenegro's most popular local beer is Niksicko Pivo, which is brewed by the Trebjesa brewery in Niksic. After... more travel advice
I must admit that I am a huge fan of the "In Your Pocket" guides. They are usually an excellent resource for... more travel advice
HORSCHECK's Related Pages
Podgorica Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Podgorica - Montenegro's unknown capital"
- "My Podgorica"
- "Welcome to Podgorica"
- "Oh, so this is Montenegro..."
- "Exp.'s OSTROG MONASTERY Page"
- "The newest capital city in Europe"
- "Capitol of Montenegro"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Podgorica
- Hotels in Podgorica
- Transportation in Podgorica
- Nightlife in Podgorica
- Restaurants in Podgorica
- Shopping in Podgorica
- Warnings and Dangers in Podgorica
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Podgorica
- 10 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 21 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (86)
Have you been to Podgorica?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Podgorica
Photos in PodgoricaSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 71 reviews, 230 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 59 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 57 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minsk Intro, 54 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 61 reviews, 175 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baku Intro, 43 reviews, 170 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yerevan Intro, 42 reviews, 165 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 50 reviews, 150 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sarajevo Intro, 44 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brasov Intro, 45 reviews, 124 photos