"Chernihiv - Ancient town in Northern Ukraine" Chernihiv by HORSCHECK
Chernihiv Travel Guide: 43 reviews and 114 photos
In June 2007 we visited Chernihiv (Russian spelling: Chernigov) in a daytrip from the Ukrainian capital Kiev. We went there by train and left Chernihiv by bus, therefore we saw a lot of the rural region between Kiev and Chernihiv.
Chernihiv was first mentioned in the 10th century and is therefore one of the oldest Russian towns on the territory of the present Ukraine. It is situated on the bank of the Desna River which flows into the Dnieper River. The population of Chernihiv is just below 300.000 people.
Due to its ancient history, Chernihiv is home to many sights of history and architecture like orthodox churches, cathedrals, cloisters and monasteries, some of which can already be seen from far away.
"I'm taking my thoughts to a railway station. Put 'em on a train just to see what's coming back."
--- Jim Reid ---
- Pros:Many golden-domed churches, cathedrals and monasteries.
- Cons:No Tourist Information Office.
- In a nutshell:Ancient town in Northern Ukraine.
When travelling to a foreign country I always try to taste their local beers. In the Ukraine the following two beers... more travel advice
Ukraine is a country of cash, so it is always best to pay cash. The local currency is the "Hryvnia" (abbreviation: UAH)... more travel advice
- See All Explore Chernihiv on foot
- See All Ukraine's northernmost Mc Donald's
- Soviet tank monument
HORSCHECK's Related Pages
Chernihiv Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Chernihiv - Ancient town in Northern Ukraine"
- "My lovely Chernihiv!"
- "Lovely Chernigiv"
- "My first city in Ukraine!"
- "CrazyPony's new Chernihiv Page"
- "Great Churches off the beaten path"
- "Beautiful city near Desna river"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chernihiv
- Hotels in Chernihiv
- Transportation in Chernihiv
- Nightlife in Chernihiv
- Restaurants in Chernihiv
- Shopping in Chernihiv
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chernihiv
- 22 Reviews
- 48 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 33 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (82)
Have you been to Chernihiv?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chernihiv
Photos in ChernihivSee All Photos (48)
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 71 reviews, 230 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 59 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 57 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minsk Intro, 54 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 61 reviews, 175 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baku Intro, 43 reviews, 170 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yerevan Intro, 42 reviews, 165 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 50 reviews, 150 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sarajevo Intro, 44 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brasov Intro, 45 reviews, 124 photos