"Lviv - The princely city of Western Ukraine" Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv by HORSCHECK
Lviv Travel Guide: 760 reviews and 2,462 photos
I have visited Lviv three times. My first visit was at the beginning of June 2007 when we arrived by train from Kosice in Slovakia. It was my first time in the Ukraine and I really fell in love with the country.
So already in May 2008 I returned for my second visit. This time we explored Western Ukraine and Lviv was the last stop in the country, before we left it by night train to Budapest in Hungary.
In June 2010 I visited Lviv for the third time. It was a trip to meet some other VT members just after the 6th VT Euromeet in Krakow.
Lviv is a rapidly developing city, especially tourism wise. Even in the almost one year between my first two visits many new restaurants, pubs, bars, cafes and shops were opened.
With a population of about 750.000, Lviv is a very multicultural city. Due to its varied history and different rulers you will find influences of Austrian-Hungarians, Poles, Greeks, Armenians, Germans, Jews and Russians, just to name the most important ones. This of course corresponds with a wide diversity of architectural sights, especially churches.
"The only way to be sure of catching a train is to miss the one before it."
--- Gilbert K. Chesterton ---
- Pros:Diverse culture and architecture; friendly people.
- Cons:Too many construction sites and scaffolded buildings.
- In a nutshell:The princely city of Western Ukraine where the past meets the future.
Ivan Fydorov was one of the first book printers in Ruthenia, which is nowadays located on the territories of Belarus,... more travel advice
At the beginning of June 2010 we decided very spontaneously to join the post VT meeting in Lviv, after we had attended... more travel advice
- See All In Your Pocket Guide - Lviv
- See All Dom Knigi
- See All Local currency: Hryvnia
- Stadium Ukraina
HORSCHECK's Related Pages
Lviv Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Gateway to the West"
- "Lviv - The princely city of Western Ukraine"
- "Lviv - mix of Western look and Eastern behaviour"
- "City of Lions and Open Hearts"
- "Lviv - the city of the East and the West"
- "Lwow (Lviv) City of Lion and Dreams"
- "VAs in Lviv 2010"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lviv
- Hotels in Lviv
- Transportation in Lviv
- Nightlife in Lviv
- Restaurants in Lviv
- Shopping in Lviv
- Warnings and Dangers in Lviv
- See All...
Explore the World
- Cape May Hotels
- Alligator River National Wildlife Refuge Hotels
- Jacksonville Beach Hotels
- Pulau Batam
- Ko Samet
- Battaramulla Hotels
- Port Dickson
- Williamsburg Village
- Legaspi City
- Prampram Hotels
- Sequoia National Park
- Muskegon State Park Hotels
Badges & Stats in Lviv
- 59 Reviews
- 189 Photos
- 21 Forum posts
- 50 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (70)
Have you been to Lviv?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lviv
- Posted in Travel Faro Forum "Re: travel from malaga-spain to..."
- Commented on one of Raimix's Lviv travel pages
- updated a Lviv Travel Page "Lviv - The princely city of Western Ukraine"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Explore Lviv by public transport"
- Wrote a Review Monument to Ivan Fyodorov in Lviv Things to Do
Photos in LvivSee All Photos (189)
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 71 reviews, 230 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 59 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 57 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minsk Intro, 54 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 61 reviews, 175 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 50 reviews, 150 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sarajevo Intro, 44 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brasov Intro, 45 reviews, 124 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Intro, 42 reviews, 117 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chernivtsi Intro, 36 reviews, 115 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (125)
Latest Lviv hotel reviews
- 93 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Lion's Castle Hotel
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 1, 2012
- Citadel Inn
- 48 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 26, 2013
- Hotel Leopolis Lviv
- 101 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013
- The Kosmonaut Hostel
- 37 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- 28 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 18, 2013
- Grand Hotel Lviv
- 60 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 1, 2013
- 117 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013