"Rigi - Queen of the Swiss mountains" Rigi by HORSCHECK
Rigi Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 44 photos
On a sunny day at the beginning of October 2011 we took the chance to take a day trip from Zurich to the Rigi Mountain, which is often refered to as "Queen of the Swiss mountains".
The top of the Rigi can be reached by two cog railways from both Arth-Goldau and Vitznau. The whole mountain plateau and the surroundig area is a popular hiking and recreation region in Central Switzerland.
The highest peak at approximately 1797 m offers 360 degree panoramic views of the lakes Zugersee and Lake Lucerne (Vierwaldstätter See). Depending on the weather it is even possible to see parts of France and Germany.
"We climbed and climbed; and we kept on climbing; we reached about forty summits, but there was always another one just ahead."
--- Mark Twain, A Tramp Abroad ---
- Pros:Great hiking trails and panoramic views.
- Cons:Crowded on sunny days.
- In a nutshell:Queen of the Swiss mountains.
The Silver Thistle (Carlina acaulis) is an alpine flower which grows in Central and Southern Europe from valleys up to... more travel advice
The construction of the Mountain Chapel Regina Montium was initiated and financed by a local hotelier, a pastor and many... more travel advice
HORSCHECK's Related Pages
Rigi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rigi - Queen of the Swiss mountains"
- "Archetypical Suisse panorama"
- "Traditional Swiss mountain"
- "Schampar Schoen!"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rigi
- 12 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 23 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (63)
Have you been to Rigi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rigi
- Posted in Travel England Forum "Re: Are there any day passes for..."
- updated a Rigi Travel Page "Rigi - Queen of the Swiss mountains"
- Uploaded a Video to Rigi
- Uploaded a Photo to "Rigi - Queen of the Swiss mountains"
- Wrote a Review Silver Thistle in Rigi Local Customs
- Commented on one of RoseAmano's Rigi travel pages
Photos in RigiSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 71 reviews, 230 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 59 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 57 reviews, 185 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minsk Intro, 54 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 61 reviews, 175 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 50 reviews, 150 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sarajevo Intro, 44 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brasov Intro, 45 reviews, 124 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Intro, 42 reviews, 117 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chernivtsi Intro, 36 reviews, 115 photos, 1 travelogue