"Zermatt - Gateway to the mighty Matterhorn" Top 5 Page for this destination Zermatt by HORSCHECK
Zermatt Travel Guide: 557 reviews and 1,570 photos
In August 2007 we explored the Canton of Valais by train and on foot. As the weather predictions at the end of our one week trip were quite good we decided to spend the last few days in Zermatt.
Due to its location in the vicinity of the majestic Matterhorn, Zermatt is one of the world's most famous mountain resorts. With only about 5.600 inhabitants, but beds for up to 13.000 visitors the city itself can be pretty packed.
We were quite lucky with the weather and therefore hiked a lot in the Pennine Alps which surround Zermatt always enjoying the spectacularly panoramic views of the Matterhorn (4478 m).
"The proud peak seems conscious of its glory; it stands apart, as if in all the Alps there were none beside itself."
--- Paul Guiton about the Matterhorn ---
- Pros:Breathtaking views of the Pennine Alps with the Matterhorn.
- Cons:Zermatt itself can be overcrowded in high season.
- In a nutshell:Gateway to the mighty Matterhorn.
Interesting enough the construction date of the Chapel Z'Mutt is still unknown. The chapel was consecrated to the... more travel advice
Although Switzerland is situated in the centre of Europe it is neither a member of the European Union nor does it have... more travel advice
HORSCHECK's Related Pages
Zermatt Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "See you there this Summer or Winter..."
- "Zermatt and the Majestic Matterhorn"
- "Zermatt - Gateway to the mighty Matterhorn"
- "Zermatt...Guardian of the Matterhorn"
- "Zermatt and the Mighty Matterhorn"
- "Matterhorn Collection"
- "Zermatt - The Matterhorn Experience"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zermatt
- Hotels in Zermatt
- Transportation in Zermatt
- Nightlife in Zermatt
- Restaurants in Zermatt
- Shopping in Zermatt
- Warnings and Dangers in Zermatt
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zermatt
- 25 Reviews
- 58 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 43 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (83)
Have you been to Zermatt?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zermatt
Photos in ZermattSee All Photos (58)
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 71 reviews, 230 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 59 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 57 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minsk Intro, 54 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 61 reviews, 175 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baku Intro, 43 reviews, 170 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yerevan Intro, 42 reviews, 165 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 50 reviews, 150 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sarajevo Intro, 44 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brasov Intro, 45 reviews, 124 photos