"Bratislava - Gateway to the Little Carpathians" Top 5 Page for this destination Bratislava by HORSCHECK
Bratislava Travel Guide: 2,032 reviews and 4,537 photos
I have been to Bratislava on three daytrips from Vienna in winter 2003/04 and 2005/06. The Slovak capital is home to 430.000 people and it is situated at the river Danube between Vienna and Budapest.
In the past the town was influenced by various nations, therefore both Pressburg (German) and Pozsony (Hungarian) are still well know names. Bratislava has the highest density of population in Central Europe mainly because of its well known apartment block suburb Petrzalka.
The small picturesque Old Town has many lively restaurants, pubs and bars. Points of interest include Bratislava Castle, St. Michael's Gate, the Old Town Square, Novy Most Bridge and last but not least the various charming bronze statues which can be found all around the Old Town.
"The worst thing about being a tourist is having other tourists recognize you as a tourist."
--- Russell Baker ---
- Pros:Lack of mass tourism and friendly people.
- Cons:Everything became more expensive, since Slovakia joined the EU.
- In a nutshell:Gateway to the Little Carpathians.
Bratislava has many different churches in and around the Old Town. Only the Gothic St. Martin's Cathedral (Dom Sv.... more travel advice
Napoleon's Army Soldier is another famous bronze statue in Bratislava. It shows a French army soldier leaning on a... more travel advice
- Restaurant Lyra
- See All Art on buildings in decay
- See All Slovak language
- See All Explore Bartislava on foot
HORSCHECK's Related Pages
Bratislava Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Vitajte v Bratislave !"
- "Bratislava - My Hometown"
- "Bratislava - Gateway to the Little Carpathians"
- "Bratislava - Proud to play second fiddle"
- "Bratislava - The smallest big city"
- "Bratislava - The Beauty on the Danube"
- "Bratislava - cozy and small capital of Slovakia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bratislava
- Hotels in Bratislava
- Transportation in Bratislava
- Nightlife in Bratislava
- Restaurants in Bratislava
- Shopping in Bratislava
- Warnings and Dangers in Bratislava
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bratislava
- 38 Reviews
- 60 Photos
- 14 Forum posts
- 75 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (69)
Have you been to Bratislava?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bratislava
- Posted in Travel Georgia Forum "Re: Travel individually in Georgia"
- Commented on one of plavajabuka's Bratislava travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Slavin Peace Columns"
- updated a Bratislava Travel Page "Bratislava - Gateway to the Little Carpathians"
- Wrote a Review Churches about Kostoly/Churches in Bratislava Favorites
Photos in BratislavaSee All Photos (60)
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 71 reviews, 230 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 59 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 57 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minsk Intro, 54 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 61 reviews, 175 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 50 reviews, 150 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sarajevo Intro, 44 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brasov Intro, 45 reviews, 124 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gent Intro, 34 reviews, 130 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Intro, 42 reviews, 117 photos