"Kosice - Metropolis of Eastern Slovakia" Top 5 Page for this destination Kosice by HORSCHECK
Kosice Travel Guide: 183 reviews and 502 photos
In May 2007 we flew via Prague to Kosice from where we started our trip through the Slovakian part of the High Tatry. Afterwards we spent one night in Kosice and headed off by train to the Ukraine.
With about 250.000 inhabitants it is Slovkia's second biggest city and also among the oldest in the country. Kosice has a long and rich history. The well-preserved historical city centre is dominated by the 14th century Gothic St. Elisabeth Cathedral.
Other sights worth seeing include the Neo-Baroque State Theatre, the Chapel of St. Michael, the Urban's Tower and the Art Nouveau building Slavia just to name a few.
Having a university with more than 15.000 students, Kosice has got many pubs, cafes and a lively nightlife.
"I'm taking my thoughts to a railway station. Put 'em on a train just to see what's coming back."
--- Jim Reid ---
- Pros:Well preserved city centre with many historic sights.
- Cons:Risk of grey or rainy weather.
- In a nutshell:Metropolis of Eastern Slovakia.
I must admit that I am not too much of a museum goer. Especially when the weather is lovely I prefer to walk outside... more travel advice
Kosice has a very special and unique attraction at night. It is the singing fountain which simultaneously reacts to... more travel advice
- Free Kosice map
- See All Explore Kosice by tram
- Penzion Platz
- See All Pizzeria Mamma Mia
HORSCHECK's Related Pages
Kosice Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kosice - Metropolis of Eastern Slovakia"
- "KOSICE - HOME OF BEAUTIFUL ARCHITECTURE & GARDENS"
- "The Significant Kosice"
- "Kosice - the perfect base for any trip in Slovakia"
- "Ben-UK's Kosice page"
- "Kosice With Family"
- "The far end of Slovakia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kosice
- Hotels in Kosice
- Transportation in Kosice
- Nightlife in Kosice
- Restaurants in Kosice
- Shopping in Kosice
- Warnings and Dangers in Kosice
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kosice
- 27 Reviews
- 66 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 32 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (92)
Have you been to Kosice?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kosice
Photos in KosiceSee All Photos (66)
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 71 reviews, 230 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 59 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 57 reviews, 190 photos
- London Intro, 65 reviews, 177 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minsk Intro, 54 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 61 reviews, 175 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baku Intro, 43 reviews, 170 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yerevan Intro, 42 reviews, 165 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 50 reviews, 150 photos
- Prague Intro, 49 reviews, 144 photos, 1 travelogue