"St. Petersburg - City of cathedrals and bridges" Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Petersburg by HORSCHECK
Saint Petersburg Travel Guide: 3,614 reviews and 7,797 photos
In June 2005 I put my feet on Russian ground for the first time, which has always been a dream of mine. I arrived in St. Petersburg by train from Helsinki and the city was my holiday base for one week before I headed off to Moscow.
St. Petersburg is home to more than 4 Million people and it is probably the most popular Russian city among tourists. Besides the usual sights like the Church of the Saviour of the spilled Blood, Nevsky Prospect, St. Isaac's Cathedral and Peter and Paul Fortress, I also tried to get an insight into the local life by staying in a private B&B.
Not only the countless chats with my lovely B&B hosts, but also VT meetings with members from Russia, USA and Switzerland have made my time in St. Petersburg unforgettable. With VT members I also went on daytrips to the historical village Staraja Ladoga and the Pushkin town Tsarskoye Selo.
"The use of travelling is to regulate imagination by reality, and, instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are."
--- Samuel Johnson ---
- Pros:Fabulous sights, lovely people and long days in summer.
- Cons:Traffic is a nightmare and the metro is packed during rush hours.
- In a nutshell:Venice of the north; City of cathedrals and bridges.
Russia has a long tradition in producing tasty chocolate. So if you plan to bring gifts for family and friends from your... more travel advice
Matryoshkas are one of the most popular Russian national souvenirs. So if you have to bring presents for your family... more travel advice
- Traffic in Russia
- See All Copies of your documents
- See All Public Toilets
- See All Architecture
- See All Explore St. Petersburg on foot
- White Nights (Beliye Nochi)
- See All Sign at Nevsky Prospekt No. 14
- See All St. Peter's Evangelical Lutheran Church
- Foreigner Prices
- Bed and Breakfast - Russian Adventure
- Petrovsky Stadium
Been to Saint Petersburg?Share your travels with the world!
HORSCHECK's Related Pages
Saint Petersburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "St. Petersburg: a City for all Seasons"
- "St Petersburg : City of Peter the Great"
- "St. Petersburg in Spring"
- "STUNNING ST. PETERSBURG!"
- "St. Petersburg - City of cathedrals and bridges"
- "St Petersburg in Summer"
- "Russian for beginers"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint Petersburg
- Hotels in Saint Petersburg
- Transportation in Saint Petersburg
- Nightlife in Saint Petersburg
- Restaurants in Saint Petersburg
- Shopping in Saint Petersburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Saint Petersburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint Petersburg
- 46 Reviews
- 96 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 54 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (92)
Have you been to Saint Petersburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint Petersburg
- Posted in Travel Cologne Forum "Re: Going to Kolnmesse everyday..."
- updated a Saint Petersburg Travel Page "St. Petersburg - City of cathedrals and bridges"
- Commented on one of Odiseya's Saint Petersburg travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Money: Russian Ruble"
- Wrote a Review Russian chocolate about Food & Drink in Saint Petersburg Shopping
Photos in Saint PetersburgSee All Photos (96)
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 71 reviews, 230 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 59 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 57 reviews, 190 photos
- London Intro, 65 reviews, 177 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minsk Intro, 54 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 61 reviews, 175 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baku Intro, 43 reviews, 170 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yerevan Intro, 42 reviews, 165 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 50 reviews, 150 photos
- Prague Intro, 49 reviews, 144 photos, 1 travelogue