"Cluj-Napoca - Transylvania's cultural centre" Top 5 Page for this destination Cluj-Napoca by HORSCHECK
Cluj-Napoca Travel Guide: 264 reviews and 756 photos
In May 2008 we started our trip through Northern Romania and Southern Ukraine in Cluj-Napoca, where we stayed two nights. In April 2012 our long weekend trip through Transylvania ended with one night in Cluj-Napoca.
The multicultural town has more than 300.000 inhabitants and is known as Klausenburg to the Germans and Kolozsvar to the Hungarians.
The historic town centre is home to several churches of different denominations, with the Roman-Catholic Saint Michael Church and the Orthodox Cathedral being the dominant ones.
Due to its location on important trade routes, Cluj-Napoca nowadays attracts again businesses from all over Europe. Not only the largest university of Romania can be found here, but also quite a few other state and private educational institutions.
?Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realise they were the big things.?
--- Robert Brault ---
- Pros:Many historic sights and architectural gems.
- Cons:Too many construction sites and scaffolded sights.
- In a nutshell:Cluj-Napoca - Transylvania's cultural centre.
The equestrian statue of the former king of Hungary Matthias Corvinus, who was born in Cluj Napoca, was errected in... more travel advice
On our last day of our 2012 Transylvania Easter trip we had dinner at the Restaurant Pizzeria 4 Amici, which looked... more travel advice
- Cluj-Napoca under construction
- See All Romanian Beer
- View from the Fortress Hill
HORSCHECK's Related Pages
Cluj-Napoca Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cluj-Napoca, a city full history"
- "Cluj-Napoca - Transylvania's cultural centre"
- "MY FIRST EXPERIENCE WITH LEI"
- "Cluj, the old Roman Napoca."
- "Cluj Napoca"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cluj-Napoca
- Hotels in Cluj-Napoca
- Transportation in Cluj-Napoca
- Nightlife in Cluj-Napoca
- Restaurants in Cluj-Napoca
- Shopping in Cluj-Napoca
- Warnings and Dangers in Cluj-Napoca
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cluj-Napoca
- 31 Reviews
- 87 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 39 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (91)
Have you been to Cluj-Napoca?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cluj-Napoca
- Posted in Travel T'bilisi Forum "Re: Chabad and Great synagogue"
- updated a Cluj-Napoca Travel Page "Cluj-Napoca - Transylvania's cultural centre"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Reformed Calvinist Church"
- Wrote a Review Statue of Matthias Corvinus in Cluj-Napoca Things to Do
- Commented on one of Jetgirly's Cluj-Napoca travel pages
Photos in Cluj-NapocaSee All Photos (87)
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 71 reviews, 230 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 59 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 57 reviews, 190 photos
- London Intro, 65 reviews, 177 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minsk Intro, 54 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 61 reviews, 175 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baku Intro, 43 reviews, 170 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yerevan Intro, 42 reviews, 165 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 50 reviews, 150 photos
- Prague Intro, 49 reviews, 144 photos, 1 travelogue