Lublin Favorite Tips by HORSCHECK Top 5 Page for this destination
Lublin Favorites: 14 reviews and 25 photos
Trinitarian Tower by night
Favorite thing: Many of Lublin's main sights are beautifully illuminated at night. Among them are of course many buildings in the old town area, such as the Crown Tribunal and the Trinitarian Tower.
One night when we walked across the market square there was even someone testing different light patterns on the facade of the Crown Tribunal.
From the square Plac Po Farze a scenic view of the illuminated castle can be enjoyed.
Favorite thing: The large Lithuanian Square (plac Litewski) got its name from the Lithuanian gentry who stayed here during the debates about the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth (Union of Lublin) in 1569.
The Union of Lublin is commemorated by the Lublin Union Monument. The cast iron obelisk can be found near the south western end of the square.
Not far from the obelisk stands Lublin's oldest hotel. Hotel Europa was built in Polish Renaissance style in the late 19th century.
The Jozef Pilsudski Monument was erected in 2001 near the south western end of the Lithuanian Square. He was the Chief of State of the second Polish Republic and he stayed several times in Lublin.
Nowadays the Lithuanian Square with its large green areas is a popular recreation area for the local people.
Tenements at the market square
Favorite thing: The old town market square (Rynek) has a seize of 62 x 72 m and in its middle stands the neoclassical Crown Tribunal. Please read my "Things to do tips" for more info about the Crown Tribunal.
It is surrounded by fine burgher houses:
The building at Rynek 12 is the so called Konopnic Tenement whose Renaissance facade is from the early 16th century. Both Charles XII of Sweden and Peter the Great were guests here.
At the address Rynek 6 the Chociszewska Tenement with its late Gothic window frames can be found. The history of the building dates back to the 16th century.
Other well worth seeing buildings include the Klonowica Tenement from the 16th century at Rynek 2, the building at number 11, which once belonged to the Franciscan order and the Wieniawskich Tenement at Rynek 17, which now houses the restaurant Gospoda Sielsko Anielsko.
More Reviews (30)
- See All New Town Hall
- See All Polish Money: Zloty
- See All Rough Guide to Poland
- See All Old Jewish cemetery
HORSCHECK's Related Pages
Lublin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lublin - Poland's city of inspiration"
- "Lublin ~ Eastern Poland surprise"
- " Beauty Yet To Be Discovered"
- "Lublin - City of Polish History"
- "Majdanek Concentration Camp"
- "A Glimpse of Lublin"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lublin
- Hotels in Lublin
- Transportation in Lublin
- Nightlife in Lublin
- Restaurants in Lublin
- Warnings and Dangers in Lublin
- See All...
Explore the World
- Phu Quoc Hotels
- Cigading Hotels
- Partille Hotels
- Bartragh Sandhills Hotels
- Grand Forks
- Ko Mai Phai
Badges & Stats in Lublin
- 33 Reviews
- 87 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 22 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (63)
Have you been to Lublin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lublin
Photos in LublinSee All Photos (87)
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 71 reviews, 230 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 59 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 57 reviews, 185 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minsk Intro, 54 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 61 reviews, 175 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 50 reviews, 150 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sarajevo Intro, 44 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brasov Intro, 45 reviews, 124 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Intro, 42 reviews, 117 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chernivtsi Intro, 36 reviews, 115 photos, 1 travelogue