"Lublin - Poland's city of inspiration" Top 5 Page for this destination Lublin by HORSCHECK
Lublin Travel Guide: 185 reviews and 450 photos
When the idea of holding the "6th official VT Euromeet" in Krakow in May 2010 came up we started to think about how to combine it with a great trip. Our choice finally came down to the south eastern part of Poland.
After one night in Warsaw our trip started with 3 nights in Lublin, which is the largest Polish city east of the Vistula river. Almost a third of the 350.000 inhabitants are students.
Lublin's quaint old town was only slightly affected by the second world war, therefore it offers many historic burgher houses in their original shape. Quite a few buildings are already well restored, others are still in decay, but this adds to the special atmosphere of the old town.
Among other things we also went on a sidetrip to the picturesque town of Kazimierz Dolny, which is nowadays a popular destination for artists and summer residents.
"This city should be the dwelling place of God and the abode of kings."
--- Sebastian Fabian Klonowic ---
- Pros:Still relatively undiscovered by Western European tourists.
- Cons:Restaurants can be quite empty in off season.
- In a nutshell:Lublin - Miasto inspiracji - Poland's city of inspiration.
The New Town Hall was erected in the years 1827 and 1828 on the site of a former Carmelite church and monastery. The... more travel advice
Poland is famous for a vodka-drinking tradition. Nevertheless, there are some really tasty Polish beers. The local... more travel advice
HORSCHECK's Related Pages
Lublin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lublin - Poland's city of inspiration"
- "Lublin ~ Eastern Poland surprise"
- " Beauty Yet To Be Discovered"
- "Lublin - City of Polish History"
- "Majdanek Concentration Camp"
- "A Glimpse of Lublin"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lublin
- Hotels in Lublin
- Transportation in Lublin
- Nightlife in Lublin
- Restaurants in Lublin
- Warnings and Dangers in Lublin
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Lublin
- 33 Reviews
- 87 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 22 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (63)
Have you been to Lublin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lublin
Photos in LublinSee All Photos (87)
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 71 reviews, 230 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 59 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 57 reviews, 185 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minsk Intro, 54 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 61 reviews, 175 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 50 reviews, 150 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sarajevo Intro, 44 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brasov Intro, 45 reviews, 124 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Intro, 42 reviews, 117 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chernivtsi Intro, 36 reviews, 115 photos, 1 travelogue