"Lublin - Poland's city of inspiration" Top 5 Page for this destination Lublin by HORSCHECK

Lublin Travel Guide: 185 reviews and 452 photos

When the idea of holding the "6th official VT Euromeet" in Krakow in May 2010 came up we started to think about how to combine it with a great trip. Our choice finally came down to the south eastern part of Poland.

After one night in Warsaw our trip started with 3 nights in Lublin, which is the largest Polish city east of the Vistula river. Almost a third of the 350.000 inhabitants are students.

Lublin's quaint old town was only slightly affected by the second world war, therefore it offers many historic burgher houses in their original shape. Quite a few buildings are already well restored, others are still in decay, but this adds to the special atmosphere of the old town.

Among other things we also went on a sidetrip to the picturesque town of Kazimierz Dolny, which is nowadays a popular destination for artists and summer residents.

"This city should be the dwelling place of God and the abode of kings."
--- Sebastian Fabian Klonowic ---

• Pros:Still relatively undiscovered by Western European tourists.
  • Cons:Restaurants can be quite empty in off season.
  • In a nutshell:Lublin - Miasto inspiracji - Poland's city of inspiration.
  • Last visit to Lublin: May 2010
  • Intro Updated Jan 29, 2014

• roamer61's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Another visit to these pages. Its of interest as I am going to Poland
    next year.

• ettiewyn's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2011 at 10:50 AM

Hi Holger, wonderful page! I did not know anything about this town (just came across it while doing some research on Poland), but I am stunned - the white buildings look so beautiful! The day trip to Kazimierz Dolny looks great, too.
    Ok, I better get off VT now, next week I have my very final exam :-))

• Redang's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2011 at 9:27 AM

I can't wait!

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Jan 9, 2011 at 5:57 AM

Just wandered through your charming page...remembering, smiling, and wishing I could return. Kazimierz Dolny is a prize. thanks for bringing me back.

• sihi's Profile Photo
    Sep 7, 2010 at 8:14 AM

Great page!! Lublin is in my wish list. I see you drunk beer Warka:) Beer Perla is produced in Lublin. - Local brewery:)

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Sep 6, 2010 at 9:10 AM

Looks a great choice for a short break. I'll remember this if ever I get the chance to return to Poland. I like the look of the old burgher houses, and loved your night photos especially :-) Yummy restaurant tips too!

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2010 at 12:41 AM

Hello, Holger! You have seen a lot there! Good for you! ><><><><

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Aug 27, 2010 at 11:21 AM

Holger, it looks like you made a great decision to visit Lublin! Lots of historic buildings, excellent lodging and delicious sounding meals works for me. I would love to explore more of the continent myself!

• magor65's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2010 at 10:25 AM

Excellent page with lots of interesting and practical tips. I haven't been to Lublin (or Kazimierz Dolny) yet, although have been planning to visit for a long time.

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2010 at 9:31 AM

Great page about Lublin Holger! Been there many many years ago and couldn't remember a lot...

HORSCHECK

“.: The less you look the more you find :.”

Badges & Stats in Lublin