"Poznan - Poland's trade fair city" Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan by HORSCHECK
Poznan Travel Guide: 344 reviews and 921 photos
After I had already explored Warsaw, Krakow, Gdansk, Wroclaw and their surrounding regions in the last few years it was time to return to Poland for another gorgeous city.
Over Easter 2009 we visited Poznan for 6 days. With about 570.000 inhabitants it is Poland's fifth largest city and also one of the most important trade fair cities in Central Europe.
Like most bigger Polish towns also Poznan suffered serious damages during WWII, so most of the city centre was rebuilt after the war. This part of the town is dominated by the Old Market Square (Stary Rynek) with its colourful merchant houses and many other historic buildings. Another touristic highlight of Poznan is the Cathedral of St. Peter and St. Paul, which is Poland's oldest cathedral.
From Poznan we also took a sidetrip by train to Poland's first capital, Gniezno. It is situated about 50 km east of Poznan.
"I think some of the best modern writing comes now from travellers."
--- Michael Palin ---
- Pros:Wonderful churches and buildings; less touristy.
- Cons:Many closed restaurants over Easter.
- In a nutshell:Poland's trade fair city.
Just after we visited Poznan, I also sent my parents for a few days to this lovely city. I did some reserach for hotels... more travel advice
Although Poland joined the European Union (EU) on the 1st of May 2004, they don't have the Euro as currency. Poland's... more travel advice
- See All In Your Pocket Guide
- Closed restaurants at Easter
- Stadium Miejski
- See All Explore Poznan on foot
- Stary Browar Shopping Mall
HORSCHECK's Related Pages
Poznan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "POZNAN - briliant elegant"
- "Poznan - Poland's trade fair city"
- "Stary Rynek, Poznan"
- "Poznan, founded in 968."
- "POZNAN THE PLACE OF MY BIRTH"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Poznan
- Hotels in Poznan
- Transportation in Poznan
- Nightlife in Poznan
- Restaurants in Poznan
- Shopping in Poznan
- Warnings and Dangers in Poznan
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Poznan
- 50 Reviews
- 150 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 33 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (70)
Have you been to Poznan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Poznan
Photos in PoznanSee All Photos (150)
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 71 reviews, 230 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 59 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 57 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minsk Intro, 54 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 61 reviews, 175 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 50 reviews, 150 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sarajevo Intro, 44 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brasov Intro, 45 reviews, 124 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Intro, 42 reviews, 117 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chernivtsi Intro, 36 reviews, 115 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (125)
Latest Poznan hotel reviews
- Orbis Polonez Hotel
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Hotel Topaz
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 9, 2013
- Rezydencja Hotel Solei
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 12, 2013
- Novotel Poznan Malta
- 26 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Hotel Rzymski
- 36 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 31, 2013
- 23 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- Novotel Poznan Centrum
- 124 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 26, 2013
- Hotel Tango
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 5, 2009
- Hotel Royal
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 27, 2013