"Poznan - Poland's trade fair city" Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan by HORSCHECK
Poznan Travel Guide: 346 reviews and 922 photos
After I had already explored Warsaw, Krakow, Gdansk, Wroclaw and their surrounding regions in the last few years it was time to return to Poland for another gorgeous city.
Over Easter 2009 we visited Poznan for 6 days. With about 570.000 inhabitants it is Poland's fifth largest city and also one of the most important trade fair cities in Central Europe.
Like most bigger Polish towns also Poznan suffered serious damages during WWII, so most of the city centre was rebuilt after the war. This part of the town is dominated by the Old Market Square (Stary Rynek) with its colourful merchant houses and many other historic buildings. Another touristic highlight of Poznan is the Cathedral of St. Peter and St. Paul, which is Poland's oldest cathedral.
From Poznan we also took a sidetrip by train to Poland's first capital, Gniezno. It is situated about 50 km east of Poznan.
"I think some of the best modern writing comes now from travellers."
--- Michael Palin ---
- Pros:Wonderful churches and buildings; less touristy.
- Cons:Many closed restaurants over Easter.
- In a nutshell:Poland's trade fair city.
Just after we visited Poznan, I also sent my parents for a few days to this lovely city. I did some reserach for hotels... more travel advice
Although Poland joined the European Union (EU) on the 1st of May 2004, they don't have the Euro as currency. Poland's... more travel advice
- See All In Your Pocket Guide
- Closed restaurants at Easter
- Stadium Miejski
- See All Explore Poznan on foot
- Stary Browar Shopping Mall
HORSCHECK's Related Pages
Poznan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "POZNAN - briliant elegant"
- "Poznan - Poland's trade fair city"
- "Poznan, founded in 968."
- "Stary Rynek, Poznan"
- "POZNAN THE PLACE OF MY BIRTH"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Poznan
- Hotels in Poznan
- Transportation in Poznan
- Nightlife in Poznan
- Restaurants in Poznan
- Shopping in Poznan
- Warnings and Dangers in Poznan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Poznan
- 50 Reviews
- 150 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 41 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (91)
Have you been to Poznan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Poznan
Photos in PoznanSee All Photos (150)
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 71 reviews, 230 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 59 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 57 reviews, 190 photos
- London Intro, 65 reviews, 177 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minsk Intro, 54 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 61 reviews, 175 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baku Intro, 43 reviews, 170 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yerevan Intro, 42 reviews, 165 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 50 reviews, 150 photos
- Prague Intro, 49 reviews, 144 photos, 1 travelogue