Wroclaw Transportation Tips by HORSCHECK Top 5 Page for this destination
Wroclaw Transportation: 76 reviews and 133 photos
Explore Wroclaw on foot
Wroclaw's Old Town (Stare Miasto) is not too big and due to the islands in the river Odra and the connecting foot bridges it is best explored on foot.
There are many pedestrianised streets or pathways which are not accessible to cars or public transportation.
So when wandering around the Old Town don't miss having a look at the smaller sidestreets.
Bus #126 at Pereca
As well as the tram network, Wroclaw's bus network also belongs to the local public transportation company MPK.
They run about 60 bus lines on normal, express, suburban and even night lines.
The normal route fare is 2 Zloty (2006). Night buses and express buses are more expensive.
The tickets are the same as for the trams. If you change the bus or tram you have to punch a new ticket. Tickets for various periods, e.g. day tickets are also available.
Please find more info about public transporation in my "Explore Wroclaw by tram" tip.
Tram #11 at Pereca
Wroclaw has an extensive tram network consisting of about 25 tram lines, which mainly serve the city centre and its vicinity.
Operation times are from 05:00 h until 24:00 h and there are no night services available.
A single ticket sets you back 2 Zloty (2006). Tickets can be purchased at the yellow green Ruch kiosks or from ticket vending machines.
The ticket has to be punched when boarding a tram. Please find more info on public transportation in my "Explore Wroclaw by bus" tip.
Wroclaw airport: Wizzair plane
I flew to Wroclaw from Dortmund in Germany with the Hungarian airline Wizzair.
The Airport of Wroclaw (Port Lotniczy) is called Copernicus Airport and is located about 13 km north-west of the centre.
Bus #406 serves the city centre. It operates every 20-30 minutes and a single ticket costs only 2 Zloty (2006).
Just make sure you buy the ticket in advance from the green yellow Ruch kiosk inside the terminal building.
More Reviews (33)
- See All Free map of Wroclaw
- Flea Market at Dworzec Swiebodzki
- See All Polish Money: Zloty
- City under construction
- Dom Turystyczny TRIO
HORSCHECK's Related Pages
Wroclaw Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Four Weeks Summer Language Course in Wrocław"
- "WROCLAW AND ITS GENIUS LOCI"
- "Where my heart belongs"
- "Wroclaw - Beautiful capital of Lower Silesia"
- "Breslau-Wrocław: a Mitteleuropean city"
- "Wroclaw - Breslau"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wroclaw
- Hotels in Wroclaw
- Transportation in Wroclaw
- Nightlife in Wroclaw
- Restaurants in Wroclaw
- Shopping in Wroclaw
- Warnings and Dangers in Wroclaw
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wroclaw
- 37 Reviews
- 82 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 41 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (91)
Have you been to Wroclaw?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wroclaw
- Posted in Travel Erzurum Forum "Re: Details re train from ERZERUM..."
- Commented on one of Kathrin_E's Wroclaw travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "In Your Pocket Guide"
- updated a Wroclaw Travel Page "Wroclaw - Beautiful capital of Lower Silesia"
- Wrote a Review Free map of Wroclaw in Wroclaw What to Pack
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 71 reviews, 230 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 59 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 57 reviews, 190 photos
- London Intro, 65 reviews, 177 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minsk Intro, 54 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 61 reviews, 175 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baku Intro, 43 reviews, 170 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yerevan Intro, 42 reviews, 165 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 50 reviews, 150 photos
- Prague Intro, 49 reviews, 144 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (145)
- St Elisabeth Church - Kosciol Sw Elzbiety- 28 Reviews, 85 Photos
- The Main Square - Rynek- 29 Reviews, 84 Photos
- Cathedral Island - Ostrow Tumski- 24 Reviews, 61 Photos
- Panorama Raclawicka- 19 Reviews, 39 Photos
- University- 19 Reviews, 74 Photos
- Cathedral of St John the Baptist - Katedra sw Jana Chrzciela- 16 Reviews, 55 Photos
- Japanese Garden- 9 Reviews, 27 Photos
- Market Hall - Hala Targowa- 7 Reviews, 23 Photos
- Jas i Malgosia Houses - Hansel and Gretel- 5 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Centennial Hall - Hala Stulecia- 8 Reviews, 30 Photos
See All Wroclaw Things to Do