"Wroclaw - Beautiful capital of Lower Silesia" Top 5 Page for this destination Wroclaw by HORSCHECK
Wroclaw Travel Guide: 949 reviews and 2,949 photos
When the Hungarian budget airline Wizzair opened its route from Dortmund to Wroclaw I was probably among the first to book a flight to the fourth largest city in Poland. Wroclaw is well known under its old German name "Breslau" and very popular among German nostalgia tourists. It is situated on the river Odra and has about 640.000 inhabitants.
Unfortunately many parts of Wroclaw were destoyed during WWII, so some sights have been rebuilt after the war. Among them is the large medieval market square (Rynek). Other sights worth seeing include the Gothic St. Elisabeth Church, the island Ostrow Tumski which is the oldest part of the city and last but not least the Modernist People's Hall (Hala Ludowa)
One of the highlights of my time in Wroclaw was of course a VT meeting with local members where I learned a lot about Poland. We enjoyed a tasty dinner, some drinks in a local pub and interesting talks.
"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.”
--- Robert Louis Stevenson ---
- Pros:Interesting architecture, many islands with nice bridges.
- Cons:Many streets and buildings are under construction.
- In a nutshell:Beautiful capital of Lower Silesia.
Don't forget to pick up a free map of Wroclaw at one of the Tourist Information Centres. The map includes a little... more travel advice
Dworzec Swiebodzki is a former railway station. The building is nowadays home to a restaurant and a music club, whereas... more travel advice
- City under construction
- See All Explore Wroclaw on foot
- Dom Turystyczny TRIO
- See All Pod Papugami
HORSCHECK's Related Pages
Wroclaw Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Four Weeks Summer Language Course in Wrocław"
- "WROCLAW AND ITS GENIUS LOCI"
- "Where my heart belongs"
- "Wroclaw - Beautiful capital of Lower Silesia"
- "Breslau-Wrocław: a Mitteleuropean city"
- "Wroclaw - Breslau"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wroclaw
- Hotels in Wroclaw
- Transportation in Wroclaw
- Nightlife in Wroclaw
- Restaurants in Wroclaw
- Shopping in Wroclaw
- Warnings and Dangers in Wroclaw
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wroclaw
- 37 Reviews
- 82 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 41 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (92)
Have you been to Wroclaw?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wroclaw
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 71 reviews, 230 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 59 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 57 reviews, 190 photos
- London Intro, 65 reviews, 177 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minsk Intro, 54 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 61 reviews, 175 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baku Intro, 43 reviews, 170 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yerevan Intro, 42 reviews, 165 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 50 reviews, 150 photos
- Prague Intro, 49 reviews, 144 photos, 1 travelogue