"Mdina - The silent city of Malta" Top 5 Page for this destination Mdina by HORSCHECK
Mdina Travel Guide: 281 reviews and 852 photos
We visited Mdina, the old capital of Malta, during a day trip from Valletta, which was our home base on the island for one week in November 2010.
On this day trip we also explored the steep cliffs near Dingli, the prehistoric cart ruts known as Clapham Junction, the woodlands of the Buskett Gardens and Mdina's former suburb Rabat.
Mdina is situated on a hill in the centre of Malta and can be reached from Valetta by bus in about half an hour. It is known as an ancient walled city, where nowadays only up to 250 people live.
Among the main sights are the St. Paul's Cathedral, the Carmelite Church, the St. Agatha's Chapel as well as the Main and the Greek Gate.
"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realise they were the big things."
--- Robert Brault ---
- Pros:Massive city walls and gates; small alleys; nice cathedral.
- Cons:Small alleys make taking photos difficult.
- In a nutshell:Mdina - The silent city of Malta.
Mdina's Tourist Information Office is located in the Torre dello Standardo building at St Publius Square, just behind... more travel advice
Malta is a member of the European Union since May 2004. On the 1st of January 2008 Malta adopted the Euro as official... more travel advice
HORSCHECK's Related Pages
Mdina Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Malta's former capital"
- "Mdina the Citta’ Notabile"
- "The Silent City"
- "Mdina - The silent city of Malta"
- "MDINA - Citta Notabile"
- "Mdina, Old Capital of Malta"
- "The not so Silent City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mdina
- Hotels in Mdina
- Transportation in Mdina
- Nightlife in Mdina
- Restaurants in Mdina
- Shopping in Mdina
- Warnings and Dangers in Mdina
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mdina
- 17 Reviews
- 42 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 28 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (91)
Have you been to Mdina?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mdina
Photos in MdinaSee All Photos (42)
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 71 reviews, 230 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 59 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 57 reviews, 190 photos
- London Intro, 65 reviews, 177 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minsk Intro, 54 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 61 reviews, 175 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baku Intro, 43 reviews, 170 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yerevan Intro, 42 reviews, 165 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 50 reviews, 150 photos
- Prague Intro, 49 reviews, 144 photos, 1 travelogue