Marsaxlokk Favorite Tips by HORSCHECK Top 5 Page for this destination
Marsaxlokk Favorites: 23 reviews and 32 photos
Typical Luzzu boat
Favorite thing: Marsaxlokk is an old Maltese fishing village and therefore has a large harbour area with many fishing boats. It is especially popular for the traditional fishing boats called Luzzu.
They are usually painted in bright colours like red, blue, yellow and green and are therefore a popular photo motif.
The boat bow is normally decorated with a pair of eyes, which symbolise vigilance to protect the fishermen against the dangers of the sea. The luzzu boats often have Christian names.
More Reviews (12)
HORSCHECK's Related Pages
Marsaxlokk Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Marsaxlokk – boats, fish, sun, fun"
- "Marsaxlokk - Home of the colourful luzzu boats"
- "Marsaxlokk - Port Scirocco"
- "Malta's largest fishing village"
- "My favourite place in Malta"
- "Nice little Fishing Village"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Marsaxlokk
- Hotels in Marsaxlokk
- Transportation in Marsaxlokk
- Restaurants in Marsaxlokk
- Shopping in Marsaxlokk
- Warnings and Dangers in Marsaxlokk
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Marsaxlokk
- 13 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (69)
Have you been to Marsaxlokk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Marsaxlokk
Photos in MarsaxlokkSee All Photos (31)
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 71 reviews, 230 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 59 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 57 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minsk Intro, 54 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 61 reviews, 175 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 50 reviews, 150 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sarajevo Intro, 44 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brasov Intro, 45 reviews, 124 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Intro, 42 reviews, 117 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chernivtsi Intro, 36 reviews, 115 photos, 1 travelogue