"Marsaxlokk - Home of the colourful luzzu boats" Top 5 Page for this destination Marsaxlokk by HORSCHECK
Marsaxlokk Travel Guide: 135 reviews and 379 photos
We visited Marsaxlokk, during a day trip from Valletta, which was our home base in Malta for one week in November 2010.
We actually went by bus to Marsaskala, from where we hiked along the beautful coastline to Marsaxlokk. After a few hours in the village we continued our hike to the neighbouring town of Birzebbugia.
The fishing village of Marsaxlokk is situated in the southeast of Malta. It is home to about 3300 people and it is famous for the traditional luzzu boats, which are colourful fishing boats.
Marsaxlokk can also be reached within about 30 minutes by bus from Valletta. The region around the village is popular for hiking.
"Give a man a fish and he has food for a day; teach him how to fish and you can get rid of him for the entire weekend."
--- Zenna Schaffer ---
- Pros:Colourful luzzu boats; lovely coastline.
- Cons:Probably overcrowded in high-season.
- In a nutshell:Marsaxlokk - Home of the colourful luzzu boats.
Although we arrived and left Marsaxlokk on foot, the town is nevertheless reachable by bus. Every 30 minutes bus #27... more travel advice
During our one week on Malta we saw quite a few stray cats. They can be found everywhere from busy towns to rural... more travel advice
HORSCHECK's Related Pages
Marsaxlokk Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Marsaxlokk – boats, fish, sun, fun"
- "Marsaxlokk - Home of the colourful luzzu boats"
- "Marsaxlokk - Port Scirocco"
- "Malta's largest fishing village"
- "My favourite place in Malta"
- "Quaint and colourful Marsaxlokk"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Marsaxlokk
- Hotels in Marsaxlokk
- Transportation in Marsaxlokk
- Restaurants in Marsaxlokk
- Shopping in Marsaxlokk
- Warnings and Dangers in Marsaxlokk
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Marsaxlokk
- 13 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 22 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (69)
Have you been to Marsaxlokk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Marsaxlokk
- Posted in Travel Georgia Forum "Re: Travel individually in Georgia"
- Commented on one of mickeyboy07's Marsaxlokk travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Maltese currency: Euro"
- updated a Marsaxlokk Travel Page "Marsaxlokk - Home of the colourful luzzu boats"
- Wrote a Review To Marsaxlokk by bus in Marsaxlokk Transportation
Photos in MarsaxlokkSee All Photos (31)
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 71 reviews, 230 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 59 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 57 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minsk Intro, 54 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 61 reviews, 175 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 50 reviews, 150 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sarajevo Intro, 44 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brasov Intro, 45 reviews, 124 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gent Intro, 34 reviews, 130 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Intro, 42 reviews, 117 photos