"Ohrid - City of centuries" Top 5 Page for this destination Ohrid by HORSCHECK
Ohrid Travel Guide: 902 reviews and 2,927 photos
When the idea of holding the "7th official VT Euromeet" in Ohrid and Bitola in May 2011 came up, it was clear to us to combine the meeting with a trip through Albania, Macedonia and even Kosovo. On this trip we spent 4 nights in Ohrid, 2 before the meeting and 2 during the meeting.
Ohrid is located at the eastern shore of the Lake Ohrid, which is surrounded by mountains of more than 2000 m in height. The town has about 42.000 inhabitants, but especially in summer it is also packed with tourists.
Ohrid offers a large amount of sights from different centuries. From the fortress on the top of the town panoramic views of the city, the lake and the surrounding region can be enjoyed. Many Orthodox churches as well as mosques from Ottoman times can be visited all around the town.
Due to its touristic popularity, the town offers a wide range of cafes, pubs and restaurants of many different cuisines and styles.
"The road twisted, and suddenly a panoramic water horizon opened in front of it, sparkling and changing numerous colours."
--- A. den Doolaard ---
- Pros:Wide range of sights from different centuries. Relaxed atmosphere at the lake.
- Cons:No proper Tourist Information Office. Location of the bus station too far from the city centre.
- In a nutshell:Ohrid - City of centuries.
During our 8 days in Macedonia, of which 4 days were occupied by the 7th VT Euromeet, we used a travel guide of the... more travel advice
We were quite surprised about the large amount of Dutch tourists in Ohrid. The town is served by charter flights from... more travel advice
HORSCHECK's Related Pages
Ohrid Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ohrid - City of centuries"
- "Ohridskoto Ezero"
- "OHRID - MACEDONIA'S RIVIERA"
- "Ohrid – Treasury of Religious Art"
- "Sveti Jovan Kaneo - "Before the Rain""
- "SECOND OFFICIAL VT DINNER IN OHRID"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ohrid
- Hotels in Ohrid
- Transportation in Ohrid
- Nightlife in Ohrid
- Restaurants in Ohrid
- Shopping in Ohrid
- Warnings and Dangers in Ohrid
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ohrid
- 34 Reviews
- 100 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 29 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (68)
Have you been to Ohrid?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ohrid
- Posted in Travel Swinoujscie Forum "Re: How is the opportunity for..."
- Commented on one of SWFC_Fan's Ohrid travel pages
- updated a Ohrid Travelogue "7th VT Euromeet, Ohrid 2011 - My Virtual Attendee"
- Uploaded a Photo to "7th VT Euromeet, Ohrid 2011 - My Virtual Attendee"
- Wrote a Review Travel Guide in Ohrid What to Pack
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 71 reviews, 230 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 59 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 57 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minsk Intro, 54 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 61 reviews, 175 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 50 reviews, 150 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sarajevo Intro, 44 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brasov Intro, 45 reviews, 124 photos
- Gent Intro, 34 reviews, 130 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Intro, 42 reviews, 117 photos