"Kaunas - Lithuania's most Lithuanian city" Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas by HORSCHECK

Kaunas Travel Guide: 952 reviews and 1,649 photos

Kaunas was actually the first proper stop on our Lithuania trip in August 2006. Although my flight to Lithuania landed in Vilnius, we decided to explore Kaunas at first.

Kaunas is situated at the confluence of the rivers Neman and Neris. With a population of 360.000 it is Lithuania's second biggest city and also a former temporary capital.

While Vilnius is very international, Kaunas is said to be the "most Lithuanian city", whatever that means. I must admit that during our 3 days in Kaunas I really enjoyed the charming atmosphere of the city.

Among the highlights of our visit in Kaunas was an international meeting with members of both VirtualTourist and Hospitality Club.

"Beauty is power; a smile is its sword."
--- Charles Reade ---

• Pros:Interesting mixture of busy city and green landscapes.
  • Cons:Grey city on grey days.
  • In a nutshell:Lithuania's most Lithuanian city.
  • Last visit to Kaunas: Aug 2006
  • Intro Updated Sep 25, 2011

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Thanks for the wonderful tour! I love the Churches and Kaunus Castle is beautiful!

• EasyMalc's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Holger,
    Thanks for the tips. This is how a Travel Page should be done. Well done..

• alancollins's Profile Photo
    Jun 27, 2012 at 6:44 AM

Hi Holger, Kaunus is on my list of places to visit. Alan

• SWFC_Fan's Profile Photo
    Aug 17, 2011 at 2:07 PM

Hope you have a great time in Lithuania and Belarus, Holger! It'll just be Lithuania for us in October (Minsk will have to wait for another time!), but I'm hoping to see Kaunas this time around. Thanks for your great tips!

• german_eagle's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2009 at 3:29 AM

This city seems to be well worth a visit. The beer looks yummy :-)

• Airpunk's Profile Photo
    Jun 26, 2009 at 3:56 AM

Great Kaunas Page, Holger! Instead of Gdansk, I opted for Kaunas and Vilnius this year. Your page will surely be useful on that trip. Ah, and BTW, greetings from the Gibraltar apes to you too :)

• SapineKuu's Profile Photo
    Nov 25, 2008 at 3:00 PM

Hi Holger, thanks for visiting my Kaunas page. I'm pleased you also like this little gem of a city:)

• pure1942's Profile Photo
    Sep 16, 2008 at 2:16 PM

Hi Holger. Great tips, photos and info on Kaunas. Not long until I see this lovely looking city for myself! Thanks...Brian

• roamer61's Profile Photo
    Mar 20, 2008 at 7:13 AM

Hi Holger. Nice page on the city of Kaunas.

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2008 at 9:38 AM

Nice page. Ciao!

HORSCHECK

“.: The less you look the more you find :.”

Badges & Stats in Kaunas