"Kaunas - Lithuania's most Lithuanian city" Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas by HORSCHECK
Kaunas Travel Guide: 970 reviews and 1,714 photos
Kaunas was actually the first proper stop on our Lithuania trip in August 2006. Although my flight to Lithuania landed in Vilnius, we decided to explore Kaunas at first.
Kaunas is situated at the confluence of the rivers Neman and Neris. With a population of 360.000 it is Lithuania's second biggest city and also a former temporary capital.
While Vilnius is very international, Kaunas is said to be the "most Lithuanian city", whatever that means. I must admit that during our 3 days in Kaunas I really enjoyed the charming atmosphere of the city.
Among the highlights of our visit in Kaunas was an international meeting with members of both VirtualTourist and Hospitality Club.
"Beauty is power; a smile is its sword."
--- Charles Reade ---
- Pros:Interesting mixture of busy city and green landscapes.
- Cons:Grey city on grey days.
- In a nutshell:Lithuania's most Lithuanian city.
On our last evening in Kaunas we only wanted to get us a small dish. As it was a bit rainy we deceided for the Miesto... more travel advice
I picked up the free brochure "Exploring Kaunas" at our hotel and found it extremly helpful. It not only includes... more travel advice
- Basketball in Lithuania
- See All Explore Kaunas on foot
- Hotel Metropolis
- Laisves aleja (Freedom Avenue)
HORSCHECK's Related Pages
Kaunas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Charming, peaceful, quiet and old"
- "Kaunas - the second largest city in Lithuania"
- "Kaunas - Lithuania's most Lithuanian city"
- "Really liked this place........"
- "Kaunas - Lithuanian capital in interwar period"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kaunas
- Hotels in Kaunas
- Transportation in Kaunas
- Nightlife in Kaunas
- Restaurants in Kaunas
- Shopping in Kaunas
- Warnings and Dangers in Kaunas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kaunas
- 34 Reviews
- 58 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 25 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (69)
Have you been to Kaunas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kaunas
- Posted in Travel Georgia Forum "Re: Travel individually in Georgia"
- Commented on one of Mikebond's Kaunas travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "International VT meeting in Kaunas - 11.08.2006"
- updated a Kaunas Travel Page "Kaunas - Lithuania's most Lithuanian city"
- Wrote a Review Restaurant Miesto Sodas in Kaunas Restaurants
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 71 reviews, 230 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 59 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 57 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minsk Intro, 54 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 61 reviews, 175 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 50 reviews, 150 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sarajevo Intro, 44 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brasov Intro, 45 reviews, 124 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gent Intro, 34 reviews, 130 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Intro, 42 reviews, 117 photos