"Nida - Sand dunes and pine forests" Top 5 Page for this destination Nida by HORSCHECK
Nida Travel Guide: 100 reviews and 258 photos
Nida on the Curonian Spit (Kursiu Nerija) was the 2nd stop on our trip through Lithuania in August 2006. It is situated in the proximity of the border to Russia, just in the middle of the 98 km long spit.
The main reason why most travelers come to Nida is its beautiful setting within various dramatic sand dunes, with the 52 m tall Parnidis Dune being the most famous of them. From the top of the dunes scenic views of the Curonian Lagoon and the Baltic Sea can be enjoyed.
The city itself is a mixture of a quiet fishing village and a busy tourist resort. Among the sights are many handsome fishermen's cottages, the Thomas Mann House, a Parish Church with adjacent cemetery and a few little museums.
"I walk in the sand and I can see the wind burying my footprints as I turn back. Sand is following me. Man, don't forget that call from the deep of sand."
--- Rev. D. F. Zudnochovius ---
- Pros:Impressive sand dunes and picturesque cottages.
- Cons:Not too much to do on a rainy day.
- In a nutshell:Walk, relax and enjoy.
About 80 % of the world's known amber resources are located in the Baltic region. Amber came into being some million... more travel advice
On my travels to East and Central Europe I always try to get myself the latest edition of the "In Your Pocket" guide.... more travel advice
- Parking in Nida
- See All Restaurant of Agila Cultural Centre
- See All Explore Nida on foot
- Zuvedra (Seagull)
HORSCHECK's Related Pages
Nida Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nida - Sand dunes and pine forests"
- "Nida in Curonian Spit National Park"
- "Sea and Sand"
- "The most unique and magical place in Lithuania"
- "Nida - a nice beach resort"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nida
- Hotels in Nida
- Transportation in Nida
- Nightlife in Nida
- Restaurants in Nida
- Shopping in Nida
- Warnings and Dangers in Nida
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nida
- 24 Reviews
- 56 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 23 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (92)
Have you been to Nida?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nida
Photos in NidaSee All Photos (56)
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 71 reviews, 230 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 59 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 57 reviews, 190 photos
- London Intro, 65 reviews, 177 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minsk Intro, 54 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 61 reviews, 175 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baku Intro, 43 reviews, 170 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yerevan Intro, 42 reviews, 165 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 50 reviews, 150 photos
- Prague Intro, 49 reviews, 144 photos, 1 travelogue