"Siauliai - The archer, the sun and the time" Top 5 Page for this destination Siauliai by HORSCHECK
Siauliai Travel Guide: 142 reviews and 520 photos
No trip to Lithuania seems to be complete without a visit of the famous Hill of Crosses which is a pilgrimage site outside of Siauliai. Only few travellers take the opportunity to also spend some time in the delightful city itself.
On our way from Klaipeda to Krekenava we stopped in Siauliai for one night. With the help of the excellent Tourist Information we found some lovely accomodation and had a wander around the town. The next morning we headed off to the mysterious Hill of Crosses to soak up the unique atmosphere.
With about 130.000 inhabitants Siauliai is Lithuania's fourth biggest city. Beside the Hill of Crosses it offers many other sights like churches, statues and museums. Well worth seeing is also the Old City Cemetery.
"The hardest thing in life to learn is which bridge to cross and which to burn."
--- David Russell ---
- Pros:Experience the atmosphere of a not so touristy Lithuanian town.
- Cons:Not too much to do on a rainy day.
- In a nutshell:Entrance to the Hill of Crosses.
Lithuania joined the European Union (EU) on the 1st of May 2004 and on the 1st of January 2015 Lithuania even became a... more travel advice
The Baltic States are rapidly developing countries, therefore an up to date guidebook is very helpful. I used the... more travel advice
- See All Explore Siauliai on foot
- Siauliai College
- Vilniaus street
- See All Soviet style architecture
HORSCHECK's Related Pages
Siauliai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Siauliai!"
- "Siauliai - The archer, the sun and the time"
- "Grey past and bright future"
- "Siauliai - major city of Northern Lithuania"
- "Siauliai and Hill of Crosses"
- "Twins in Siauliai !"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Siauliai
- Hotels in Siauliai
- Transportation in Siauliai
- Nightlife in Siauliai
- Restaurants in Siauliai
- Shopping in Siauliai
- Warnings and Dangers in Siauliai
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Siauliai
- 24 Reviews
- 57 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 22 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (91)
Have you been to Siauliai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Siauliai
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Vote for Euromeet 2017..."
- updated a Siauliai Travel Page "Siauliai - The archer, the sun and the time"
- Commented on one of HORSCHECK's Siauliai tips
- Uploaded a Photo to "Vilniaus street"
- Wrote a Review Lithuanian Currency: Euro (since 2015) in Siauliai Local Customs
Photos in SiauliaiSee All Photos (57)
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 71 reviews, 230 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 59 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 57 reviews, 190 photos
- London Intro, 65 reviews, 177 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minsk Intro, 54 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 61 reviews, 175 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baku Intro, 43 reviews, 170 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yerevan Intro, 42 reviews, 165 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 50 reviews, 150 photos
- Prague Intro, 49 reviews, 144 photos, 1 travelogue