"Siauliai - The archer, the sun and the time" Top 5 Page for this destination Siauliai by HORSCHECK

Siauliai Travel Guide: 142 reviews and 520 photos

No trip to Lithuania seems to be complete without a visit of the famous Hill of Crosses which is a pilgrimage site outside of Siauliai. Only few travellers take the opportunity to also spend some time in the delightful city itself.

On our way from Klaipeda to Krekenava we stopped in Siauliai for one night. With the help of the excellent Tourist Information we found some lovely accomodation and had a wander around the town. The next morning we headed off to the mysterious Hill of Crosses to soak up the unique atmosphere.

With about 130.000 inhabitants Siauliai is Lithuania's fourth biggest city. Beside the Hill of Crosses it offers many other sights like churches, statues and museums. Well worth seeing is also the Old City Cemetery.

"The hardest thing in life to learn is which bridge to cross and which to burn."
--- David Russell ---

• Pros:Experience the atmosphere of a not so touristy Lithuanian town.
  • Cons:Not too much to do on a rainy day.
  • In a nutshell:Entrance to the Hill of Crosses.
  • Last visit to Siauliai: Aug 2006
  • Intro Updated Sep 24, 2011

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Thanks for taking me on another interesting virtual tour in Lithuania. I liked the sculptures and the Churches, all are so different in design! You made me hungry talking about yummy crepes, haven't had one in a while!

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Aug 10, 2010 at 10:20 PM

I would like to travel to Lithuania and to visit many places there... ><><><><><

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2009 at 12:18 PM

I like going to cemeteries when I visit places --- this one in the Old City looks nice to visit...

• pure1942's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2008 at 12:15 PM

Another page of great info, tips and photos. I hope to get to the Hill of Crosses during my trip in October. Thanks - Brian

• Luchonda's Profile Photo
    Sep 16, 2007 at 5:48 AM

No need of a "In your pocket" because you guided us perfectly with yr notes and comments - Thx

• Kiaune's Profile Photo
    Jul 19, 2007 at 10:41 AM

A great page about my hometown! BTW, thanks for a comment :)

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2007 at 5:13 AM

Really interesting - I confess I hadn't heard of the Hill of Crosses, but it looks an amazing sight. And I always like to see lots of street art as I think it says something about how cultured a city is :)

• King_Golo's Profile Photo
    May 19, 2007 at 3:06 AM

Yet another great page!

• magor65's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2007 at 11:20 AM

Siauliai, as portrayed by you, sounds quite an interesting place. I wish we had given it a chance during our short visit. But as you say the main destination in the area seems to be the Hill of Crosses.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2007 at 8:51 AM

Very good page full of many practical information and beautiful pics. I have seen less in Siauliai than you :-( but I also liked Svyturys Ekstra as well as crepes in Cafe Presto!

HORSCHECK

“.: The less you look the more you find :.”

Badges & Stats in Siauliai

Have you been to Siauliai?

Latest Activity in Siauliai