Vilnius Hotel Tips by HORSCHECK Top 5 Page for this destination
Vilnius Hotels: 6,074 reviews and 138 photos
Litinterp Guest House
At the end of our trip in Summer 2011 we stayed one night in the Litinterp Guest House, which we had booked well in advance on the internet
Litinterp owns guesthouses and offers bed and breakfast rooms in Vilnius, Kaunas and Klaipeda. They also rent out cars and do translation services.
The price for our twin room, which shared two bathrooms with two other rooms, was 140 Litas. The room was spacious and equipped with a table, two chairs and a wardrobe.
Breakfast had to be chosen on arrival and was brought to our room at an agreed time in the morning. Staff was extremely friendly, helpful and spoke very well English.
Address: Litinterp Guest House, Bernardinu g. 7, 01124 Vilnius
Comparison: about average
Directions: The Litinterp Guest House is located in a quiet side street just off the pedestrianised Pilies gatve, right in the heart of Vilnius' old town.
Our trip to Lithuania and Belarus in August 2011 started with 4 nights in Vilnius in the Hotel Gile. We had booked the hotel in advance on the internet and got a price of 30,50 Euro for a twin room with breakfast.
Our room was facing the backyard and was therefore very quiet at night. It was extremely spacious and equipped with several shelves, coat hooks, a desk and a fridge. Apart from one free internet PC in the receiption area, free WiFi was available in the hotel as well.
I found the buffet style breakfast quite good in relation to the relatively cheap price. On offer was muesli and a selection of warm and cold dishes such as sausages and bread with cheese or jam.
Due to the size of more than 140 rooms, the hotel seems to be popular with bus tour groups. One morning we had slight problems to get a table for breakfast, as a tour group was just blocking the complete room.
A 24-hours Maxima supermarket is located only 5 minutes on foot from the hotel.
Address: Hotel Gile, T. Sevcenkos g. 16, 03111 Vilnius
Comparison: about average
Directions: Hotel Gile is situated about 1,5 km west of the old town. Also the train and bus station can be reached within 20-30 minutes on foot. Bus no. 2 from the airport stops right in front of the hotel (bus stop: T. Sevcenkos).
Litinterp - Bed & Breakfast with a host
In August 2006 we stayed 4 nights in a private bed and breakfast accomodation which we had booked through Litinterp. Litinterp owns guesthouses and offers bed and breakfast rooms in Vilnius, Kaunas and Klaipeda. They also rent out cars and do translation services.
Our bed and breakfast was located in a courtyard of Subaciaus gatve, in the old town . We had our own bedroom and shared the bathroom with the host. A Russian washing machine was available as well.
The host was a friendly pensioner who spoke Russian and limited English. He always asked us what we would like for breakfast and also offered us a Lithuanian vodka on our last night.
The price for two people including breakfast was 170 Litas (about 51 Euro; 2006). Single occupancy costs 100 Litas.
Comparison: less expensive than average
Theme: Bed and Breakfast
More Reviews (58)
- See All Cili Pica
- See All Vilnius by night
- See All Orthodox Church of St. Michael and St....
- See All Grutas Park
- Visa to Belarus
HORSCHECK's Related Pages
Vilnius Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Very friendly, very historical and inexpensive :-)"
- "Vilnius - City of Churches"
- "Vilnius - mix of cultures"
- "The Wonderful Vilnius"
- "Vilnius - my grandparents' love"
- "THREE CAPITALS IN FIVE DAYS"
- "Vilnius in the springtime"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vilnius
- Hotels in Vilnius
- Transportation in Vilnius
- Nightlife in Vilnius
- Restaurants in Vilnius
- Shopping in Vilnius
- Warnings and Dangers in Vilnius
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vilnius
- 61 Reviews
- 175 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 51 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (74)
Have you been to Vilnius?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vilnius
Photos in VilniusSee All Photos (175)
Read real reviews about Vilnius Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 71 reviews, 230 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 59 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 57 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minsk Intro, 54 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 61 reviews, 175 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yerevan Intro, 42 reviews, 165 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 50 reviews, 150 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sarajevo Intro, 44 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brasov Intro, 45 reviews, 124 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gent Intro, 34 reviews, 130 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (129)
- Gediminas castle- 64 Reviews, 117 Photos
- Cathedral- 65 Reviews, 122 Photos
- Gates of Dawn- 39 Reviews, 65 Photos
- Church of St Ann- 38 Reviews, 65 Photos
- Uzupis district- 24 Reviews, 49 Photos
- Genocide Victims Museum- 25 Reviews, 30 Photos
- Gedimino avenue- 13 Reviews, 28 Photos
- TV tower- 19 Reviews, 42 Photos
- Church of Sts Peter and Paul- 19 Reviews, 44 Photos
- Church of St. Francis and Bernardine- 23 Reviews, 38 Photos
See All Vilnius Things to Do