"Bihac - Town on the edge of the Una National Park" Top 5 Page for this destination Bihac by HORSCHECK
Bihac Travel Guide: 48 reviews and 134 photos
On our two weeks trip through Croatia in September 2012, we decided to make a detour to the northwestern Bosnian town of Bihac. As we had already visited Bosnia and Herzegovina back in 2008, we knew what to expect.
With approximately 60.000 inhabitants, Bihac is among the largest cities in Bosnia and Herzegovina, although regarding sights it can't keep up with Sarajevo or Mostar. It is located at the banks of the river Una, only about 10 km east of the border to Croatia.
We spent 2 nights in Bihac which gave us time enough to explore all sights, like the Fethija Mosque, the St. Anthony's Church and the Captain's Tower, just to name a few. We even took a half day trip by bus to Bosanska Krupa in the heart of the Una National Park.
"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
--- Bertrand Russell ---
- Pros:Interesting history and unique nature.
- Cons:Grey city on grey days.
- In a nutshell:Historic town on the edge of the Una National Park.
We came to Bihac by bus from Slunj in Croatia. Our bus left Slunj at 07:35 h and arrived in Bihac at around 09:10 h. In... more travel advice
The building of the Bihac Cultural Centre actually doesn't look anything fancy. It is a former Army Building with a... more travel advice
HORSCHECK's Related Pages
Bihac Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bihac - Town on the edge of the Una National Park"
- "My Bihac Page"
- "croisbeauty's new Bihac Page"
- "Small Town with BIG Impact"
- "War ended, time for tourism - GOOD LUCK BIHAC :-))"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bihac
- Hotels in Bihac
- Transportation in Bihac
- Nightlife in Bihac
- Restaurants in Bihac
- Shopping in Bihac
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bihac
- 18 Reviews
- 62 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (69)
Have you been to Bihac?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bihac
Photos in BihacSee All Photos (62)
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 71 reviews, 230 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 59 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 57 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minsk Intro, 54 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 61 reviews, 175 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 50 reviews, 150 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sarajevo Intro, 44 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brasov Intro, 45 reviews, 124 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gent Intro, 34 reviews, 130 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Intro, 42 reviews, 117 photos