"Bihac - Town on the edge of the Una National Park" Top 5 Page for this destination Bihac by HORSCHECK

Bihac Travel Guide: 48 reviews and 134 photos

On our two weeks trip through Croatia in September 2012, we decided to make a detour to the northwestern Bosnian town of Bihac. As we had already visited Bosnia and Herzegovina back in 2008, we knew what to expect.

With approximately 60.000 inhabitants, Bihac is among the largest cities in Bosnia and Herzegovina, although regarding sights it can't keep up with Sarajevo or Mostar. It is located at the banks of the river Una, only about 10 km east of the border to Croatia.

We spent 2 nights in Bihac which gave us time enough to explore all sights, like the Fethija Mosque, the St. Anthony's Church and the Captain's Tower, just to name a few. We even took a half day trip by bus to Bosanska Krupa in the heart of the Una National Park.

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
--- Bertrand Russell ---

• Pros:Interesting history and unique nature.
  • Cons:Grey city on grey days.
  • In a nutshell:Historic town on the edge of the Una National Park.
  • Last visit to Bihac: Sep 2012
  • Intro Updated Jun 20, 2013

• Odiseya's Profile Photo
    Jun 8, 2014 at 9:57 AM

Good page! Thank you for sharing!

• hopang's Profile Photo
    May 8, 2014 at 10:31 AM

Interesting travel pages on Bihac! Seeing those mosques and cemeteries on your travel pages remind us of our trip to Antaiya in Turkey a few years ago. It is great to know that you can visit Bosnia and Herzegovina while on your vacation in Croatia. We certainly hope to do it one day! ~ho & pang

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2014 at 11:53 PM

Looks like a nice place to visit. I especially like the look of the Captain's Tower and the ottoma Turb!

• starship's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Nice page with good descriptions and photos! It's position on the Una River is certainly a plus for scenery!

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2013 at 2:36 PM

A good page, I didn´t get to visit Bosnia while I was in Serbia this year, maybe one day.

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2013 at 6:41 AM

Nice page

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Hello, Holger! It's great you have managed to explore this amazing place...Thanks for your story!)

• Aug 23, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Impressive and detailed description of my favourite place on the north that got the status of city in November 2006. Everybody can see that you really like this coutry.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Aug 1, 2013 at 8:21 AM

Another great page on one of your many travels around Europe! As always, I enjoyed your beautiful photos and descriptions of what to expect for visitors arriving in Bihac. It would be nice if my wife and I could find the time to visit this historic site. Regards, Glenn

• isolatedpawn's Profile Photo
    Jul 19, 2013 at 9:59 PM

nice quatation on hour

HORSCHECK

“.: The less you look the more you find :.”

Badges & Stats in Bihac