Mostar Off The Beaten Path Tips by HORSCHECK Top 5 Page for this destination
Mostar Off The Beaten Path: 46 reviews and 93 photos
Buna and Dervish Monastery
If you stay in Mostar for more than one day, then I would recommend you to also take a half-day trip to Blagaj, just about 10 km southeast of Mostar.
It is famous for the source of the river Buna, which is located in a cave at the bottom of a steep cliff.
Just next to it is a Dervish Monastery (Tekke) whose history dates back to the 15th century. Several large restaurants with outdoor terraces are lined up the river banks.
In the centre of Blagaj the 16th century Careva Mosque and an old Muslim cemetery are well worth seeing. The castle Stepjan Grad overlooks the area, but we didn't have the time to climb up the hill.
Blagaj can be reached by local bus from Mostar. The trip takes about 45 minutes. Buses #10 and #11 serve the route a few times per day. We asked at the Tourist Information for the timetable.
A convenient stop to get on the bus is the Spanish Square (Spanski trg) in Mostar. Tickets for 1,80 KM can be bought from the driver, who can also tell you where to get off.
More Reviews (26)
- See All Local currency - Convertible Mark
- See All Travel Guide
- Ruins in Mostar
- See All Ruins of the New Orthodox Church
HORSCHECK's Related Pages
Mostar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mostar - Bosnia and Herzegovina"
- "Mostar again"
- "The heart of Herzegovina"
- "Mostar - A bridge between east and west"
- "Healing in Mostar"
- "Mostar, the pearl of Herzegovina"
- "Ancient Mostar"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mostar
- Hotels in Mostar
- Transportation in Mostar
- Nightlife in Mostar
- Restaurants in Mostar
- Shopping in Mostar
- Warnings and Dangers in Mostar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mostar
- 27 Reviews
- 75 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 52 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (82)
Have you been to Mostar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mostar
- Posted in Travel Azerbaijan Forum "Re: book bus ticket"
- Commented on one of shavy's Mostar travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Crooked Bridge"
- updated a Mostar Travel Page "Mostar - A bridge between east and west"
- Uploaded a Video to Mostar
- Wrote a Review Local currency - Convertible Mark in Mostar Local Customs
Photos in MostarSee All Photos (75)
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 71 reviews, 230 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 59 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 57 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minsk Intro, 54 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 61 reviews, 175 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baku Intro, 43 reviews, 170 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yerevan Intro, 42 reviews, 165 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 50 reviews, 150 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sarajevo Intro, 44 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brasov Intro, 45 reviews, 124 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (133)
- Old Bridge - Stari Most- 40 Reviews, 100 Photos
- Old Town- 25 Reviews, 73 Photos
- Koski Mehmed Pasha Mosque- 18 Reviews, 52 Photos
- Crooked Bridge - Kriva Cuprija- 11 Reviews, 28 Photos
- Neretva River- 11 Reviews, 24 Photos
- Turkish House- 13 Reviews, 19 Photos
- Kujundziluk- 11 Reviews, 28 Photos
- Karadozbegova Mosque- 8 Reviews, 25 Photos
- Karadjoz Bey Mosque- 6 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Radobolja River- 2 Reviews, 5 Photos