"Mostar - A bridge between east and west" Top 5 Page for this destination Mostar by HORSCHECK
Mostar Travel Guide: 636 reviews and 1,701 photos
In September 2008 we explored Bosnia and Herzegovina as well as Southern Croatia. After a few days in Sarajevo, we headed off to Mostar for a couple of nights.
Mostar is a multicultural city, which is home to people of different ethnic origins. The city was severely affected by the war in the early 1990's. Many damaged buildings are still very visible, even in the city centre.
I was quite surprised about the amount of tourists, who wandered around the old town of Mostar during the day. Luckily, most of them were only visiting the city on day trips from the Croatian cost. So in the evening when the Old Bridge was beautifully illuminated it got much quieter.
It is probably possible to see most of the main sights in just one day. As we stayed for two nights we took the chance to explore the city more extensively. In addition we even went on a sidetrip to Blagaj where the source of the river Buna can be visited.
"We make war that we may live in peace."
--- Aristotle ---
- Pros:Amazing mix of architecture and cultures.
- Cons:It can get very hot in summer. Too many day trip tourists during the day.
- In a nutshell:A bridge between east and west.
Bosnia and Herzegovina has one of the most interesting currencies in Europe. The local currency is the Convertible Mark... more travel advice
Bosnia and Herzegovina is a rapidly developing country, therefore an up to date guide book for independent travellers... more travel advice
- Ruins in Mostar
- See All Ruins of the New Orthodox Church
- See All Neretva River
- Take a half-day trip to Blagaj
HORSCHECK's Related Pages
Mostar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mostar - Bosnia and Herzegovina"
- "The heart of Herzegovina"
- "Mostar - A bridge between east and west"
- "Healing in Mostar"
- "Mostar, the pearl of Herzegovina"
- "Ancient Mostar"
- "Mostar pilgimage"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mostar
- Hotels in Mostar
- Transportation in Mostar
- Nightlife in Mostar
- Restaurants in Mostar
- Shopping in Mostar
- Warnings and Dangers in Mostar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mostar
- 27 Reviews
- 75 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 50 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (69)
Have you been to Mostar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mostar
- Posted in Travel Osijek Forum "Re: car rental"
- Commented on one of xaver's Mostar travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Crooked Bridge"
- updated a Mostar Travel Page "Mostar - A bridge between east and west"
- Uploaded a Video to Mostar
- Wrote a Review Local currency - Convertible Mark in Mostar Local Customs
Photos in MostarSee All Photos (75)
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 71 reviews, 230 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 59 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 57 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minsk Intro, 54 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 61 reviews, 175 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 50 reviews, 150 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sarajevo Intro, 44 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brasov Intro, 45 reviews, 124 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gent Intro, 34 reviews, 130 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Intro, 42 reviews, 117 photos