"Kamyanyets - Quaint gem of a Belarusian town" Kamyanyets by HORSCHECK
Kamyanyets Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 32 photos
We first heard about Kamyanyets from a young Belarusian couple whom we met by chance on the train from Minsk to Zaslavl. We told them about our travel plans for Belarus and they recommended us to take a day trip to Kamyanyets from Brest, which was our next planned destination after Minsk.
So during our 3 days in Brest we took the chance to also explore Kamyanyets. It is also often transliterated as Kamenets and has a population of about 9000 people. The town is located about 35 km north of Brest and belongs to the Brest Oblast.
The main reason why tourists visit Kamyanyets is the Tower of Kamyanyets, whose history dates back to the late 13th century. Other well worth seeing sights include the Russian Orthodox Church of St. Simon, the Roman Catholic Church of St. Peter and Paul and the Monument to Oleksa.
"A stone is ingrained with geological and historical memories."
--- Andy Goldsworthy ---
- Pros:Historic castle tower, gorgeous churches and beautiful landscape.
- Cons:Lack of proper restaurants and cafes.
- In a nutshell:Kamyanyets - Quaint gem of a Belarusian town.
The Tower of Kamyanyets (Kamyanyetskaya Vyezha) is the main landmark of Kamyanyets and also a national historic site of... more travel advice
The Russian Orthodox Church of St. Simon (Svyata Simonovskaya Cerkov) was finished in 1914. It was several times rebuilt... more travel advice
HORSCHECK's Related Pages
Kamyanyets Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Kamyanyets
- 15 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (69)
Have you been to Kamyanyets?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kamyanyets
Photos in KamyanyetsSee All Photos (32)
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 71 reviews, 230 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 59 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 57 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minsk Intro, 54 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 61 reviews, 175 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 50 reviews, 150 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sarajevo Intro, 44 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brasov Intro, 45 reviews, 124 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gent Intro, 34 reviews, 130 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Intro, 42 reviews, 117 photos