Minsk Sports & Outdoors Tips by HORSCHECK Top 5 Page for this destination
Minsk Sports & Outdoors: 4 reviews and 16 photos
No visit of a new country is complete for me without visiting at least one football stadium. Well worth seeing in Minsk is the Dinamo Stadium, which is the National Stadium of Belarus.
It is an all-seater multi purpose stadium with a capacity of about 41.000 people. Besides football matches of the national team it is sometimes also used for home matches of Dinamo Minsk. The club usually plays at the much smaller Dinamo-Yuni Stadium.
The Dinamo Stadium was built in 1934, but totally destroyed during WWII. So the current structure dates back to 1954. In 1980 it was even a venue of the football tournament of the Summer Olympics taking place in Moscow.
Around the stadium an almost daily flea market takes place. Here you find everything from sports equipment and clothes to groceries. I got myself a pin of Dynamo Minsk for 30.000 BYR here. The price was probably a rip-off for western tourists.
Minsk's Dinamo Stadium is located just south of the Independence Avenue (Nezavisimosti prospekt),
right in the heart of the city centre.
Address: Dynamo Stadium, ul. Kirova 19, Minsk
Theme: Sports Watching
More Reviews (53)
- See All National Library of Belarus
- See All Victory Square
- See All To Minsk by bus from Vilnius
- See All Day trip to Zaslavl
HORSCHECK's Related Pages
Minsk Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Minsk - City of grandiose Stalinist architecture"
- "Minsk - charm of soviet style architecture"
- "Belarussian Capital"
- "Minsk, the capital of Belarus"
- "My city"
- "My short visit to Minsk"
- "Minsk - the capital of Belarus"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Minsk
- Hotels in Minsk
- Transportation in Minsk
- Nightlife in Minsk
- Restaurants in Minsk
- Shopping in Minsk
- Warnings and Dangers in Minsk
- See All...
Explore the World
- Port Weller Hotels
- Bartlett Hotels
- Juchitán de Zaragoza Hotels
- Karlovarsky Kraj
- Hammam Meskoutine Hotels
- Lithuania Sports & Outdoors
- Parati Sports & Outdoors
- Svalbard Sports & Outdoors
- Rotterdam Marathon
- Vietnam Sports & Outdoors
- Naga City Sports & Outdoors
- Pulau Bintan Sports & Outdoors
- Funchal Sports & Outdoors
- Virginia Beach Sports & Outdoors
- Bukit Fraser Sports & Outdoors
- Ibiza Sports & Outdoors
- Pollensa Sports & Outdoors
Badges & Stats in Minsk
- 54 Reviews
- 186 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (60)
Have you been to Minsk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Minsk
- Posted in Travel Split Forum "Re: how long you would suggest to..."
- Commented on one of Felix300's Minsk tips
- updated a Minsk Travel Page "Minsk - City of grandiose Stalinist architecture"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Minsk - City of grandiose Stalinist architecture"
- Wrote a Review National Library of Belarus about Modern National Library of Belarus in Minsk Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 71 reviews, 230 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 59 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 57 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minsk Intro, 54 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 61 reviews, 175 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 50 reviews, 150 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sarajevo Intro, 44 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brasov Intro, 45 reviews, 124 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Intro, 42 reviews, 117 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chernivtsi Intro, 36 reviews, 115 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (126)
Latest Minsk hotel reviews
- Crowne Plaza Hotel
- 59 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 15, 2013
- Minsk Hotel
- 85 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 5, 2013
- Best Eastern Hotel Yubileiny
- 33 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 6, 2013
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 2, 2011
- 30 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 6, 2013
- Best Eastern Hotel Belarus
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 30, 2013
- 44 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 16, 2013
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 4, 2013
- Hotel Tourist
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 25, 2013
- Modern National Library of Belarus- 5 Reviews, 20 Photos
- Museum of the Great Patriotic War - World War II- 5 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Red Church - Chyrvoni Kastel- 8 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Isle of Tears- 6 Reviews, 21 Photos
- Gorky Park- 3 Reviews, 9 Photos
- Cathedral of the Holy Spirit- 5 Reviews, 15 Photos
- Belarusian Opera and Ballet Theatre- 3 Reviews, 9 Photos
- Troitskoye Predmestie - Old Town- 3 Reviews, 8 Photos
- KGB Building- 3 Reviews, 5 Photos
- Khatyn - WWII memorial- 5 Reviews, 12 Photos
See All Minsk Things to Do