"Brighton - The city by the sea" Brighton by HORSCHECK
Brighton Travel Guide: 903 reviews and 1,613 photos
I visited Brighton twice (08.1997 and 09.2002) and I decided to build my VT page about this seaside resort on the day when I read in the newspaper that the famous West Pier collapsed by the wind and rain (29/12/2002).
In the past Brighton was the place to be for the Regency Society. Nowadays Brighton offers an interesting mixture of an university town, seaside amusement, amazing architecture and a scenic beachfront.
The traditional resort of Brighton is a good base to explore England's southcoast between Portsmouth and Hastings.
"When perusing a menu, never consider anything containig the words goujon, platter, or cheesy."
--- Nineteenth Rule of Travel by Pete McCarthy ---
- Pros:Interesting mixture of traditional resort and buzzling university town.
- Cons:Due to its popularity, Brighton is quite expensive.
- In a nutshell:The city by the sea.
Even though the United Kingdom is a member of the European Union (EU) since 1973, they don't have the EURO as currency.... more travel advice
Take a free city guide of Brigton at the tourist information. It is a pocket guide with every kind of useful... more travel advice
HORSCHECK's Related Pages
Brighton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Brighton Rocks !"
- "BRIGHTON - THE CITY THAT ATE HOVE"
- "London's naughty seaside retreat"
- "Brighton - The city by the sea"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brighton
- Hotels in Brighton
- Transportation in Brighton
- Nightlife in Brighton
- Restaurants in Brighton
- Shopping in Brighton
- Warnings and Dangers in Brighton
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Brighton
- 16 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 46 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (68)
Have you been to Brighton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brighton
Photos in BrightonSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 71 reviews, 230 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 59 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 57 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minsk Intro, 54 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 61 reviews, 175 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 50 reviews, 150 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sarajevo Intro, 44 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brasov Intro, 45 reviews, 124 photos
- Gent Intro, 34 reviews, 130 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Intro, 42 reviews, 117 photos