"Tenby - Pearl of Pembrokeshire" Top 5 Page for this destination Tenby by HORSCHECK
Tenby Travel Guide: 93 reviews and 244 photos
In August 1998 I stayed a few days in Tenby and explored the beauties of Pembrokeshire in the south eastern corner of Wales.
Tenby is a popular seaside resort with 4 beaches and a magnificent view of the bay. The picturesque old town with its narrow medieval streets and old Georgian houses is a great place to wander. Many historic buildings are worth seeing, among them is St. Mary's church and the town gate Five Arches.
Tenby can be used as a base for trips to other nice places in Pembrokeshire, such as Manobier, Saundersfoot, Pembroke or Milford Haven.
"Travellers never think that THEY are the foreigners."
--- Mason Cooley ---
- Pros:Beautiful coastline with magnificent scenery.
- Cons:Overrun by day trippers on hot summer days
- In a nutshell:Perfect base to explore Pembrokeshire.
About a quarter of the Welsh population still speak the ancient Celtic language Welsh, which is not an English dialect.... more travel advice
The picturesque small town of Tenby with its narrow streets and the histroic buildings is best explored on foot. The 4... more travel advice
HORSCHECK's Related Pages
Tenby Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tenby - Pearl of Pembrokeshire"
- "Tenby - Dinbwch Y Pysgod"
- "Tenby : why the Riviera when there's Wales?"
- "Dinbych y Pysgod"
- "Tenby - tenderly town in Wales"
- "Tenby - Dinbych-y-Pysgod"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tenby
- Hotels in Tenby
- Transportation in Tenby
- Nightlife in Tenby
- Restaurants in Tenby
- Shopping in Tenby
- Warnings and Dangers in Tenby
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tenby
- 21 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 49 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (69)
Have you been to Tenby?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tenby
Photos in TenbySee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 71 reviews, 230 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 59 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 57 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minsk Intro, 54 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 61 reviews, 175 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 50 reviews, 150 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sarajevo Intro, 44 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brasov Intro, 45 reviews, 124 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gent Intro, 34 reviews, 130 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Intro, 42 reviews, 117 photos