"Tenby - Pearl of Pembrokeshire" Top 5 Page for this destination Tenby by HORSCHECK

Tenby Travel Guide: 93 reviews and 244 photos

In August 1998 I stayed a few days in Tenby and explored the beauties of Pembrokeshire in the south eastern corner of Wales.

Tenby is a popular seaside resort with 4 beaches and a magnificent view of the bay. The picturesque old town with its narrow medieval streets and old Georgian houses is a great place to wander. Many historic buildings are worth seeing, among them is St. Mary's church and the town gate Five Arches.

Tenby can be used as a base for trips to other nice places in Pembrokeshire, such as Manobier, Saundersfoot, Pembroke or Milford Haven.

"Travellers never think that THEY are the foreigners."
--- Mason Cooley ---

• Pros:Beautiful coastline with magnificent scenery.
  • Cons:Overrun by day trippers on hot summer days
  • In a nutshell:Perfect base to explore Pembrokeshire.
  • Last visit to Tenby: Aug 1998
  • Intro Updated Nov 13, 2011

• himalia11's Profile Photo
    May 6, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Looks live a lovely place! Let's see if we'll make it to Tenby on our tour through Wales. And I really have to get that book from Bill Bryson, it sounds very interesting!

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2010 at 3:49 AM

Nice out of the way place, or so it seems...LOL

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Mar 17, 2010 at 6:16 AM

Excellent!! I am daydreaming about attending Tom81's marriage in Tenby. You've given me a wonderful sense of the place...quite compelling.

• Balam's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2010 at 5:13 PM

Tenby is a lovely place, i really have to go back when the weather is better.

• BillNJ's Profile Photo
    Dec 20, 2009 at 2:52 PM

Brilliant tips and photos about Tenby! I certainly hope to visit Wales someday. Thanks for the short lesson in the Welsh language.

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2009 at 12:29 PM

Thanks for the happy memories of my childhood holidays in Pembrokeshire :-) Manobier, Pembroke Castle, and of course that wonderful coastline!

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2009 at 5:53 PM

Very charming place this Tenby is. I too love the fish and chips.

• junecorlett's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2009 at 12:37 PM

What a lovely beach, North Beach. I am always attracted to the ocean.

• leics's Profile Photo
    Jul 20, 2008 at 4:32 AM

I wrote the Snowdonia page when I was very, very sad: it made me a bit poetic about a past life. I loved living there....hope you manage to visit one day. Superb place. J

• DAO's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2008 at 2:38 PM

Just realised. Loved Vilnius though. Super city to visit.

HORSCHECK

“.: The less you look the more you find :.”

Badges & Stats in Tenby