"Waterford - The crystal city" Top 5 Page for this destination Waterford by HORSCHECK
Waterford Travel Guide: 169 reviews and 420 photos
I spent a few days in and around Waterford during my Ireland trip in september 2001. Waterford is located at the river Suir and it is famous for its glass factory. Dating back to Viking times, Waterford is Ireland's oldest city.
The city has a medieval atmosphere, because it has the best remaining city walls in the Republic of Ireland. Plenty of old buildings are worth a visit (e.g. Reginalds Tower, French Church).
Waterford is the ideal base for daytrips by bus to the lovely fishing harbour of Dunmore East and the seaside resort of Tramore.
"Never bang on about how wonderful some unspoiled place is, because next time you go there, you won´t be able to get in."
--- Third Rule of Travel by Pete McCarthy ---
- Pros:Perfect base to explore the coastline around Waterford.
- Cons:Weather might be grey and wet, but can change quickly.
- In a nutshell:Nice small and lively city with plenty to do and see.
The book * Mc Carthy´s Bar * written by Pete McCarthy is a fine travel book for an Ireland trip. Pete McCarthy was... more travel advice
The fishing port and seaside resort of Dunmore East only 9 miles south-east of Waterford is worth a visit by bus. The... more travel advice
HORSCHECK's Related Pages
Waterford Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ireland's Oldest City"
- "Waterford City"
- "Waterford - The crystal city"
- "Orlikins goes to Waaaatherfurd - "Well boy!""
- "Crystal Namesake"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Waterford
- Hotels in Waterford
- Transportation in Waterford
- Nightlife in Waterford
- Restaurants in Waterford
- Shopping in Waterford
- Warnings and Dangers in Waterford
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Waterford
- 10 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 56 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (69)
Have you been to Waterford?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Waterford
- Posted in Travel Georgia Forum "Re: Has anyone traveled to Georgia?"
- Commented on one of Dabs's Waterford travel pages
- updated a Waterford Travel Page "Waterford - The crystal city"
- Wrote a Review Pete McCarthy - McCarthy´s Bar about Books in Waterford What to Pack
- Uploaded a Photo to "Explore Waterford on foot"
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 71 reviews, 230 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 59 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 57 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minsk Intro, 54 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 61 reviews, 175 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 50 reviews, 150 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sarajevo Intro, 44 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brasov Intro, 45 reviews, 124 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gent Intro, 34 reviews, 130 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Intro, 42 reviews, 117 photos