"Nazare - A quaint and booming seaside resort" Top 5 Page for this destination Nazaré by HORSCHECK
Nazaré Travel Guide: 154 reviews and 494 photos
On our way to the 5th VT Euromeet in Cascais, we also visited Nazare for a few days just before we headed off to Lisbon.
Nazare has about 15.000 inhabitants and is located on Portugal's west coast halfway between Coimbra and Lisbon. With its long sandy beach Nazare has become a popular seaside resort, but still it has kept a bit of the charm of a traditional Portuguese fishing village.
Among the highlights is a visit of Nazare's clifftop district of Sitio from where magnificient views of the town and the beach can be enjoyed. It is also home to the Baroque Sanctuary of Our Lady of Nazare, whose history dates back to the 14th century.
“The three great elemental sounds in nature are the sound of rain, the sound of wind in a primeval wood,
and the sound of outer ocean on a beach”
--- Henry Beston ---
- Pros:Quaint historic city centre; panoramic views from Sitio.
- Cons:Crowded with tourists in the summer.
- In a nutshell:Portugal's quaint and booming seaside resort.
Nazare has a small Tourist Information Office (Posto de Tourismo), which provides a few useful free brochures and maps... more travel advice
Nazare has a large covered Municipal Market (Mercado Municipal), which is well worth a visit, even if you are not... more travel advice
HORSCHECK's Related Pages
Nazaré Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nazare - A quaint and booming seaside resort"
- "Nazaré - the typical fishing village"
- "VT BUS TOUR TO NAZARE'"
- "Quaint and wonderful"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nazaré
- Hotels in Nazaré
- Transportation in Nazaré
- Restaurants in Nazaré
- Shopping in Nazaré
- Warnings and Dangers in Nazaré
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nazaré
- 21 Reviews
- 54 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 26 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (92)
Have you been to Nazaré?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nazaré
- Posted in Travel Cologne Forum "Re: Going to Kolnmesse everyday..."
- updated a Nazaré Travel Page "Nazare - A quaint and booming seaside resort"
- Commented on one of ElenaKKKK's Nazaré travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Beach and beach promenade"
- Wrote a Review Free brochures from the Tourist Information Office in Nazaré What to Pack
Photos in NazaréSee All Photos (54)
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 71 reviews, 230 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 59 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 57 reviews, 190 photos
- London Intro, 65 reviews, 177 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minsk Intro, 54 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 61 reviews, 175 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baku Intro, 43 reviews, 170 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yerevan Intro, 42 reviews, 165 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 50 reviews, 150 photos
- Prague Intro, 49 reviews, 144 photos, 1 travelogue