"Barcelona - The capital of Catalunya" Barcelona by HORSCHECK
Barcelona Travel Guide: 9,764 reviews and 22,676 photos
In may 2003 I was 3 days of my Spain trip in Barcelona. Barcelona (population: 1,7 million) is located less than 150 km from the Pyrenees at the southeastern coast of Spain.
The vibrant city is girded by the Monjuic and Tibidabo hills, which offer panoramic views of the town and its harbour. The most famous sights of Barcelona include the busy market boulevard La Rambla and the works of architect and designer Antoni Gaudi like La Sagrada Familia and Parc Guell.
Last but not least Barcelona has plenty of cafes, bars, pubs and restaurants for a rest and for tasting local and international specialities.
"Tourists don't know where they've been, travellers don't know where they're going."
--- Paul Theroux ---
- Pros:Panoramic views of the city from the hills.
- Cons:Smoke over the city which can be seen from the hills.
- In a nutshell:Catalan metropolis at the shores of the Mediterranean ocean.
The Mercat St. Josep, also known as Mercat de la Boqueria was opened in 1836. It is a roofed catalan market and a sight... more travel advice
Most of the tourist spots in Barcelona are located in walking distance to La Rambla and in the Gothic Quarter (Barri... more travel advice
HORSCHECK's Related Pages
Barcelona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Barcelona es bona..."
- "Seamandrew's Barcelona Page"
- "Truly Catalunya, Truly Spain"
- "The capital of County of Barcelona"
- "Barcelona,one of the most beautiful Spanish cities"
- "Addictive Barcelona"
- "BCN, a mediterranean capital"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Barcelona
- Hotels in Barcelona
- Transportation in Barcelona
- Nightlife in Barcelona
- Restaurants in Barcelona
- Shopping in Barcelona
- Warnings and Dangers in Barcelona
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Barcelona
- 25 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 16 Forum posts
- 54 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (92)
Have you been to Barcelona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Barcelona
- Posted in Travel Cologne Forum "Re: Going to Kolnmesse everyday..."
- updated a Barcelona Travel Page "Barcelona - The capital of Catalunya"
- Commented on one of Belsaita's Barcelona tips
- Uploaded a Photo to "Barcelona - The capital of Catalunya"
- Wrote a Review Mercat St. Josep (La Boqueria) about La Boqueria - Mercat St Josep in Barcelona Shopping
Photos in BarcelonaSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 71 reviews, 230 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 59 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 57 reviews, 190 photos
- London Intro, 65 reviews, 177 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minsk Intro, 54 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 61 reviews, 175 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baku Intro, 43 reviews, 170 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yerevan Intro, 42 reviews, 165 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 50 reviews, 150 photos
- Prague Intro, 49 reviews, 144 photos, 1 travelogue