"Ribadesella - Idyllic Asturian estuary town" Ribadesella by HORSCHECK
Ribadesella Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 149 photos
In May 2013 we explored the picturesque coast line of Northern Spain for two weeks. On this trip we spent one night in Ribadesella, which was also the westernmost place we visited.
With only about 6.200 inhabitants Ribadesella can easily be explored in one day. It is situated at the Cantabrian Sea on both sides of the river Sella mouth. The touristy interesting old town is located on the eastern bank of the river. Here many old buildings, quaint squares, the parish Church of Santa Maria Magdalena as well as the quaint Chapel of the Virgin de La Guia can be found.
The western part of the town is dominated by an approximately 2 km long beach promenade along the Playa de Santa Marina. Here many modernist villas dating from the 19th and 20th century can be admired.
"The boat is safer anchored at the port; but that’s not the aim of boats."
--- Paulo Coelho ---
- Pros:Scenic coastline; interesting mix of medieval town and modernist architecture.
- Cons:Lack of open restaurants during off season.
- In a nutshell:Idyllic Asturian estuary town at the Cantabrian Sea.
One of the touristic highlights of Ribadesella is the Chapel of the Virgin de La Guia (Capilla de La Virgen de la Guia)... more travel advice
Ribadesella's old town (Villa Vieja) has many worth-seeing buildings from the time between the late 16th and the early... more travel advice
HORSCHECK's Related Pages
Ribadesella Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ribadesella - Idyllic Asturian estuary town"
- "Attractive coastal town of Ribadesella."
- "Bonio's visit to Ribadesella"
- "Ribadesella, Spain"
- "Ribadesella Teaser"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ribadesella
- Hotels in Ribadesella
- Transportation in Ribadesella
- Restaurants in Ribadesella
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ribadesella
- 17 Reviews
- 58 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (79)
Have you been to Ribadesella?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ribadesella
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Hotels to Add to VT"
- Commented on one of alectrevor's Ribadesella travel pages
- updated a Ribadesella Travel Page "Ribadesella - Idyllic Asturian estuary town"
- Wrote a Review Chapel of the Virgin de La Guia in Ribadesella Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "History route of Ribadesella's port"
Photos in RibadesellaSee All Photos (58)
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 71 reviews, 230 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 59 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 57 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minsk Intro, 54 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 61 reviews, 175 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baku Intro, 43 reviews, 170 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yerevan Intro, 42 reviews, 165 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 50 reviews, 150 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sarajevo Intro, 44 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brasov Intro, 45 reviews, 124 photos