"Ronda - Pearl of the Andalusian mountains" Top 5 Page for this destination Ronda by HORSCHECK
Ronda Travel Guide: 513 reviews and 1,389 photos
I must admit that I hadn't heard much about Ronda before my visit to the 2nd European VT meeting in Marbella in May 2006. As Ronda seems to be among the nicest places in Andalusia I decided to take a daytrip from Marbella.
The bus ride to Ronda which is situated at 750m above sea level offers panoramic views of the Andalusian mountains. Ronda is home to about 36.000 people and it is one of the oldest towns in Spain. Arabic influences can be recognised in both architecture and culture.
The city is divided by the Rio Guadalevin which has carved out the steep El Tajo gorge. Various bridges including the famous New Bridge span this canyon and link the historic Old Town with the busy New Town.
"The difficulty in life is the choice.”
--- George Moore ---
- Pros:Stunning views of the steep gorge and the mountains.
- Cons:Ronda can be quite hot and packed with day trippers in the summer.
- In a nutshell:Pearl of the Andalusian mountains.
I went to Ronda on a daytrip from Marbella, but of course you can also do it the other way round. Marbella is a vibrant... more travel advice
Gazpacho is a traditional Andalusian cold soup which is available in almost all local restaurants. Nowadays it mainly... more travel advice
HORSCHECK's Related Pages
Ronda Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bridge over the River Guadalevin"
- "Ronda - Pearl of the Andalusian mountains"
- "Ronda - Spain's amazing gem!"
- "One of the most Beautiful towns in Andalucia"
- "ROMANTIC RONDA"
- "Ronda - Home For A Week, May 04 - Flowers!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ronda
- Hotels in Ronda
- Transportation in Ronda
- Nightlife in Ronda
- Restaurants in Ronda
- Shopping in Ronda
- Warnings and Dangers in Ronda
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ronda
- 20 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 34 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (69)
Have you been to Ronda?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ronda
- Posted in Travel Croatia Forum "Re: Accommodation - single Dad..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Church of Padre Jesus"
- updated a Ronda Travel Page "Ronda - Pearl of the Andalusian mountains"
- Commented on one of EuroBarney's Ronda travel pages
- Wrote a Review Marbella and the Costa del Sol in Ronda Off The Beaten Path
Photos in RondaSee All Photos (34)
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 71 reviews, 230 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 59 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 57 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minsk Intro, 54 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 61 reviews, 175 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 50 reviews, 150 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sarajevo Intro, 44 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brasov Intro, 45 reviews, 124 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gent Intro, 34 reviews, 130 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Intro, 42 reviews, 117 photos