"Ronda - Pearl of the Andalusian mountains" Top 5 Page for this destination Ronda by HORSCHECK

Ronda Travel Guide: 513 reviews and 1,389 photos

I must admit that I hadn't heard much about Ronda before my visit to the 2nd European VT meeting in Marbella in May 2006. As Ronda seems to be among the nicest places in Andalusia I decided to take a daytrip from Marbella.

The bus ride to Ronda which is situated at 750m above sea level offers panoramic views of the Andalusian mountains. Ronda is home to about 36.000 people and it is one of the oldest towns in Spain. Arabic influences can be recognised in both architecture and culture.

The city is divided by the Rio Guadalevin which has carved out the steep El Tajo gorge. Various bridges including the famous New Bridge span this canyon and link the historic Old Town with the busy New Town.

"The difficulty in life is the choice.”
--- George Moore ---

• Pros:Stunning views of the steep gorge and the mountains.
  • Cons:Ronda can be quite hot and packed with day trippers in the summer.
  • In a nutshell:Pearl of the Andalusian mountains.
  • Last visit to Ronda: May 2006
  • Intro Updated Apr 10, 2011

• garridogal's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Ronda looks gorgeous. Would love to visit some day.

• Feb 25, 2013 at 1:55 AM

the town is divided by the gorge. very interesting... architecture is nice, worth visiting place

• german_eagle's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2013 at 3:37 AM

Looks like a beautiful place. Love the architecture and the moorish influence. Ugh, that pizza even looks like crap :(

• Raimix's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2013 at 11:29 PM

Excellent page, nice updates :) It seems so lovely place to visit, Iglesia Padre Jesus looks so unusually ;)

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Holger, you did a really nice job with your Ronda pages. Your photos were super! It was raining down like crazy when I was there, but what a fascinating place:)

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2011 at 3:14 PM

there is a lot of interesting architecture there in Ronda, my favorite is Puente Nuevo !

• mirchica's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2011 at 11:35 PM

Such a great page!I have friends in Ronda and I hope I will visit them one day and amaze them with what I just learnt for that beautiful town :)

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Aug 24, 2010 at 5:34 AM

We have visited Ronda two times and each time was very enjoyable. Actually the bull ring is very worth visiting. And yes, those terrace restaurants are pricey and horrible, but it is nice to people watch.

• May 31, 2009 at 2:23 PM

I envy this page, Holger; it has been my dream to visit Ronda, especially El Tajo, ever since I first read about it in Ernest Hemingway’s novel “For Whom The Bell Tolls”.

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2009 at 9:11 AM

Hi I think youre right about the best route is by bus from Malaga - I went by train which was very nice but its the train route from Ronda to Algeciras that is famed for its scenery and I enjoyed that. Lovely town is Ronda!

HORSCHECK

“.: The less you look the more you find :.”

Badges & Stats in Ronda