"Tenerife, Canaries - A varied island" Isla de Tenerife by HORSCHECK

Isla de Tenerife Travel Guide: 1,422 reviews and 3,058 photos

I was on Tenerife for a fortnight at the beginning of October in 1999. The resort Puerto de la Cruz at the middle of the north coast was the ideal place to explore the whole island. Tenerife is the biggest of the seven Canary islands.

Tenerife seems to be divided into a northern humid half and a southern dry and sunny half. Aprt from that, it offers spectacular climate differences between the beautiful small villages at the coast and the famous Mount Teide at 3718 metres. Craters, lava formations, cliffs, black and white sandy beaches can be visited all around the island .

Last but not least Loro Parque, one one of the largest parrot collections in Europe, is situated on the island of Tenerife.

"From the mountain tops down to the sunny street ... "
--- Roddy Frame ---

• Pros:Temperatures around 27 C all over the year.
  • Cons:Cloudy sky during midday in the northern part of the island.
  • In a nutshell:Amazing landscapes in different climate zones on only one island.
  • Last visit to Isla de Tenerife: Oct 1999
  • Intro Updated May 24, 2006

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2015 at 12:39 AM

Been a long time since you were here, probably only more skyscrapers now! Looks like a nice place for a holiday!

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Dec 26, 2014 at 5:38 AM

I would like to visit Tenerife for some hiking and to see the sun and sea!

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Hi Holger, Thanks for the tour of Tenerife, I doubt if we will ever make it from the land Downunder.

• ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo
    Jun 26, 2013 at 7:46 AM

enjoyed a recap; we went to Tenerife for a fortnight in 1989 and really loved it!

• starship's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2012 at 3:21 PM

Thanks for sharing your trip to the Canary Islands with us -- useful information and photos. I'm sure I would like to visit the Loro Parque!

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Hello, Holger! I see it's a splendid resort... I would love to enjoy it some day! ><><><

• barryg23's Profile Photo
    Dec 19, 2010 at 10:27 AM

Nice page on Tenerife. I loved Garachico and Masca, good to see you covered them!

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2009 at 6:08 AM

I have always heard that Isla de Tenerife was beautiful and it certainly is esp. the beaches of Las Teresitas. And it's also so diverse with its volcanoes and the treeless Las Canadas. Interesting page Holger.

• ranger49's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2008 at 11:10 AM

The road down to Masca terrified me! I heard last year that there was a serious fire in the village. Fantastic scenery though!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2008 at 3:15 PM

Amazing that there are such different climate zones in Tenerife. I've never been to a black shingle beach, in fact I never even knew there was such a thing.

HORSCHECK

“.: The less you look the more you find :.”

Badges & Stats in Isla de Tenerife

Have you been to Isla de Tenerife?