"Porvoo - Captivating charm of Finland" Top 5 Page for this destination Porvoo by HORSCHECK
Porvoo Travel Guide: 252 reviews and 568 photos
My three weeks summer holiday 2005 started with a day in the picturesque Finnish village of Porvoo. Porvoo is the second oldest city of Finland and is home to about 46.000 people. About 33 % of them speak Swedish as their mother tongue.
I was lucky enough to meet two local VT members in Porvoo so I had the chance to see the city through the eyes of a local. How else could I know where Mika Hakkinen got married?
Porvoo's main tourist attraction is the Old Town with its colourful houses and cobbled streets. Apart from that the Porvoo river banks invite visitors for a stroll and a rest in one of the cafes and restaurants.
"My trip had begun. I was about to see Europe again."
--- Bill Bryson, Neither here nor there ---
- Pros:Fantastic colourful scenery on long sunny summer days.
- Cons:Long dark nights in the winter.
- In a nutshell:Captivating charm of Finland.
I must admit that we didn't eat here, but at least we had a close look at the restaurant from the inside and outside.... more travel advice
Gossiping seems to be quite popular in Porvoo. In the Old Town of Porvoo you still find some houses with gossip mirrors,... more travel advice
HORSCHECK's Related Pages
Porvoo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Porvoo - Borgå"
- "Porvoo - Captivating charm of Finland"
- "Charming town by the sea"
- "Porvoo ~ On the King's Road"
- "Porvoo (in Swedish Borgå)"
- "Porvoo, where my mind lives"
- "A Lovely Quaint Town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Porvoo
- Hotels in Porvoo
- Transportation in Porvoo
- Nightlife in Porvoo
- Restaurants in Porvoo
- Shopping in Porvoo
- Warnings and Dangers in Porvoo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Porvoo
- 15 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 27 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (91)
Have you been to Porvoo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Porvoo
Photos in PorvooSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 71 reviews, 230 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 59 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 57 reviews, 190 photos
- London Intro, 65 reviews, 177 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minsk Intro, 54 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 61 reviews, 175 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baku Intro, 43 reviews, 170 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yerevan Intro, 42 reviews, 165 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 50 reviews, 150 photos
- Prague Intro, 49 reviews, 144 photos, 1 travelogue