"Goteborg - Sweden's maritime city" Top 5 Page for this destination Göteborg by HORSCHECK
Göteborg Travel Guide: 941 reviews and 1,857 photos
Over Easter 2006 I spent a long weekend in Goteborg. With a population of 490.000 it is the second largest city in Sweden and one of the most important port towns in Scandinavia. Goteborg offers many interesting sights, a lively city centre, green parks and a picturesque coastline.
As on most of my previous trips to Scandinavia I stayed in a private Bed & Breakfast, which gave interesting insights into the local life. A visit to the football match of IFK Goteborg vs. Helsingborg at the old Gamla Ullevi stadium was another amazing experience on this trip.
Only a few cities in Scandinavia have a tram network; Goteborg is one of them. Although most sights are within walking distance to the city centre, the trams are great for excursions to the outer areas of the city like Roda Sten near the Alvsborgs bridge.
"God gave me travelling shoes and I knew that it was time to go."
--- Jim Kerr, Home ---
- Pros:Lively city with interesting sights and friendly people.
- Cons:Rumours say that it can be very rainy in Goteborg.
- In a nutshell:Goteborg - Sweden's maritime city.
Goteborg's city centre which is limited by the river Gota and various canals is best explored on foot. Most of the main... more travel advice
Sweden is a member of the European Union (EU) since 1995, but not a member of the so called Euro-Zone. That is why the... more travel advice
- See All Football
- See All Official Tourist Guide
- Shopping centre - Nordstan
- See All Alvsborgsbron bridge
HORSCHECK's Related Pages
Göteborg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A nice place to grow up in"
- "Henrik's Göteborg page"
- "Where the seagulls cry"
- "Goteborg - Sweden's maritime city"
- "Heaven should be spelt: "Gbg"."
- "IFK Göteborg - king of the town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Göteborg
- Hotels in Göteborg
- Transportation in Göteborg
- Nightlife in Göteborg
- Restaurants in Göteborg
- Shopping in Göteborg
- Warnings and Dangers in Göteborg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Göteborg
- 35 Reviews
- 63 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 29 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (68)
Have you been to Göteborg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Göteborg
- Posted in Travel Minsk Forum "Re: Hotel Sputnik – how to get..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Fish Church (Feskekorka)"
- updated a Göteborg Travel Page "Goteborg - Sweden's maritime city"
- Commented on one of marielexoteria's Göteborg travel pages
- Wrote a Review Explore Goteborg on foot in Göteborg Transportation
Photos in GöteborgSee All Photos (63)
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 71 reviews, 230 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 59 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 57 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minsk Intro, 54 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 61 reviews, 175 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 50 reviews, 150 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sarajevo Intro, 44 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brasov Intro, 45 reviews, 124 photos
- Gent Intro, 34 reviews, 130 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Intro, 42 reviews, 117 photos