"Malmo - Swedish gem by the Oresund Bridge" Top 5 Page for this destination Malmö by HORSCHECK
Malmö Travel Guide: 458 reviews and 1,018 photos
In March 2004 I took a daytrip from Copenhagen to Malmo. The Swedish city can easily be reached from Denmark by train or car over the famous Oresund Bridge. Malmo is Sweden's third largest city with about 260.000 residents.
The historical city centre around the Main Square (Stortorget) offers an interesting mixture of old and new buildings, which can be perfectly explored on foot. The main sights include the St Peter's Church, the Town Hall and the LillaTorg area with its indoor market.
In the pleasant green parks (e.g. Pildammsparken) and coastal suburbs, such as Sibbarp, you get an impression of the swedish nature and landscape.
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
--- Mary Ann Evans Cross ---
- Pros:Nice mixture of busy city and swedish nature.
- Cons:Not too much to see .... :o)
- In a nutshell:The swedish centre of the Oresund region.
Sweden is a member of the European Union (EU) since 1995, but not a member of the so called Euro-Zone. That is why the... more travel advice
Malmo has a large, mainly pedestrianised shopping zone in the city centre. Large department stores, shopping centres,... more travel advice
HORSCHECK's Related Pages
Malmö Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Continental Malmö - city of parks, art, nightlife"
- "Beautiful City of Parks and Museums"
- "Malmo - Swedish gem by the Oresund Bridge"
- "Malmö New Year"
- "Where the future faces the past"
- "The largest town in Skåne and Swedens third city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Malmö
- Hotels in Malmö
- Transportation in Malmö
- Nightlife in Malmö
- Restaurants in Malmö
- Shopping in Malmö
- Warnings and Dangers in Malmö
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Malmö
- 20 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 38 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (87)
Have you been to Malmö?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Malmö
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Some pages not available?"
- updated a Malmö Travel Page "Malmo - Swedish gem by the Oresund Bridge"
- Commented on one of veliaze's Malmö travel pages
- Wrote a Review Local currency: Swedish Crown about Tourist info in Malmö Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "Malmo - Swedish gem by the Oresund Bridge"
Photos in MalmöSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 71 reviews, 230 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 59 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 57 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minsk Intro, 54 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 61 reviews, 175 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baku Intro, 43 reviews, 170 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yerevan Intro, 42 reviews, 165 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 50 reviews, 150 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sarajevo Intro, 44 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brasov Intro, 45 reviews, 124 photos