"Seatown is my hometown, email me for more info" Seattle by Wanderboy43
Seattle Travel Guide: 3,142 reviews and 7,632 photos
Waterfront - nice, and not too touristy. Eat some Fish and Chips at IVARS. Walk through Pioneer Square.
This area has some funky shops, and restaurants.
Broadway - Gay scene, nice shops, restaurants, bookshops.
Greenlake - walk around this manmade beauty to people watch, and see how Seattlites are not fashion consious. Stop on the North side of the lake for microbrews.
Bellevue/East side of Lake Washington - don´t bother
Best Pizza - Eat at Olympia Pizza (locations at Queen Anne Hill, Capital Hill, and Wallingford on 45th Street)
Best BBQ - R&L BBQ between downtown and the Central District. This place has brisket that´s falling apart in it´s sauce. Comes with cheap white bread, so order corn bread separately
Ethiopian Restaurants. There are a bunch. If you have a car, head to the CD or Rainier Valley for better food and cheaper prices.
I recommend heading out to West Seattle. There's a heated salt water swimming pool along the water in Discovery Park (big park).
Also, check out the big Goodwill store if you need some second hand clothes. It even has a funky museum with an old hydrofoil!
- Pros:Sir Mix-A-Lot, Go Hiking, Lots of Microbreweries
- Cons:Cloudy/Rainy, People are generally depressed (why I left)
- In a nutshell:Go in the summer or expect some rain
In West Seattle in Discovery Park, there´s a Saltwater swimming pool. It´s outdoors and is nice. It´s closed in the... more travel advice
Wanderboy43's Related Pages
Seattle Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The famous Space Needle in Seattle"
- ") @ L was great!"
- "Emerald City of the Northwest"
- "It's not always raining in Seattle"
- "Never Sip-less in Seattle"
- "A Great Place to Live"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Seattle
- Hotels in Seattle
- Transportation in Seattle
- Nightlife in Seattle
- Restaurants in Seattle
- Shopping in Seattle
- Warnings and Dangers in Seattle
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Seattle
- 3 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Seattle?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Seattle
- Posted in Travel Seattle Forum "Re: getting around and tours in..."
- updated a Seattle Travel Page "Seatown is my hometown, email me for more info"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Seatown is my hometown, email me for more info"
- Wrote a Review Heated Saltwater Swimming Pool (on the waterfront) in Seattle Off The Beaten Path
Photos in SeattleSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kashgar Intro, 16 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kabul Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Almaty Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Peshawar Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Bogotá Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hunza Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Fergana Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Xi'an Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Chitral Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lahore Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos