"Not the A-hole of the planet as is often referred" Colón by Wanderboy43
Colón Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 43 photos
I stayed in Colon about 5 days and got to appreciate the city. There are blocks you want to avoid, but it´s important to differentiate between what´s poor and what´s dangerous. Colon is definitely a poor city, and the dilapitated buildings more than show that. But, families live there and I met some very friendly people. I didn´t feel safe walking around too much at night however.
You can walk all through the city. It has a nice layout. Apparently things were a bit better when the Americans were still running the canal. The place has seen better days.
Colon is the poorest looking place I´ve ever been. There are scores of buildings that look almost as bad as this one. Just right downtown.
Anyway, you can visit the Yacht club for a nice meal or a drink, and get onto a yacht going through the Canal (as a line handler)
- Pros:Nice people, interesting
- Cons:Really poor and a bit dangerous
- In a nutshell:One of my favorite cities!
Nice, clean, fast, cheap internet. On the main street through Colon more travel advice
Wanderboy43's Related Pages
Colón Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "COLON - ATLANTIC ENTRY"
- "Colon, Panama"
- "Not the A-hole of the planet as is often referred"
- "Colon by cruiseship"
- "Caribbean Port"
- "Visitng Cetral and Latin America"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Colón
- Hotels in Colón
- Transportation in Colón
- Shopping in Colón
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Colón
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Colón?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Colón
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kashgar Intro, 16 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kabul Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Almaty Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Peshawar Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Bogotá Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hunza Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Fergana Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Xi'an Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Chitral Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lahore Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos