"A fertile land of markets and history" Fergana by Wanderboy43
Fergana Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 117 photos
Fergana is great, and it's fantastic to think that Babur, who established teh Mogul dynasty in India, was from here. I've just arrived and have noticed some tension in the air (or maybe it is just the rude receptionist at my hotel). Also, my geocities website is censored, unlike in Tashkent. It's like being back in China! There is a great big park in the middle of the city, but not much else that I can find, and so 1 day is enough for me here.
I had a nice time on the journey with this family. The driver was just loud and rude, and overcharged me in the end. I'm looking forward to sending a batch of photos to this family. Sometimes you just like someone by the way they smile....
It's okay, and has some English signs. I was charged 1000, instead of 500 like the new Lonely Planet Central Asia... more travel advice
I had a weird experience here. After negoiating the price from $20 down to $10 the guy at the front desk invited himself... more travel advice
Wanderboy43's Related Pages
Fergana Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Uzbekistan's Golden Valley"
- "Ferghana and the Ferghana Valley"
- "A fertile land of markets and history"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fergana
- Hotels in Fergana
- Transportation in Fergana
- Restaurants in Fergana
- Shopping in Fergana
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fergana
- 6 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Fergana?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fergana
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kashgar Intro, 16 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kabul Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Almaty Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Peshawar Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Bogotá Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hunza Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Fergana Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Xi'an Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Chitral Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lahore Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos