"A fertile land of markets and history" Fergana by Wanderboy43

Fergana Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 117 photos

Fergana is great, and it's fantastic to think that Babur, who established teh Mogul dynasty in India, was from here. I've just arrived and have noticed some tension in the air (or maybe it is just the rude receptionist at my hotel). Also, my geocities website is censored, unlike in Tashkent. It's like being back in China! There is a great big park in the middle of the city, but not much else that I can find, and so 1 day is enough for me here.

Football club, from 1915(?)

A photo from the museum. There is a tradition of soccer here...

Shared taxi; the best and worst experience

I had a nice time on the journey with this family. The driver was just loud and rude, and overcharged me in the end. I'm looking forward to sending a batch of photos to this family. Sometimes you just like someone by the way they smile....

• Last visit to Fergana: Nov 2004
  • Intro Updated Nov 1, 2004

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2009 at 9:02 PM

I'm a Central Asian bazaar junkie too. leyle

• nepalgoods's Profile Photo
    Sep 3, 2007 at 9:26 PM

GReat experience. I think I'll come back one day to Fergana on an individual tour.

• Jun 26, 2007 at 7:48 AM

Rude? Please. I have lived in US all my life and travel back to UZB and people are amazing there. They are friendly and what else do you expect? At least they are better than Americans who would not even stop and tell you how to get somewhere.

• RussianSub's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2005 at 5:09 AM

WB that is so true, even if you're uzbek they will try to rob you of your last penny Travel on your own is fun but sometimes it helps to have a local who can do all the negotiations & stuff it's a matter of spending a little more $ and avoiding a headache

Wanderboy43

“The journey is the goal”

Badges & Stats in Fergana

Have you been to Fergana?