"Interesting city (on the way to Kabul)" Jalalabad by Wanderboy43
Jalalabad Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 14 photos
Jalalabad is an interesting place. Definitely Afghanistan, but a bit less tense than Kabul, with the feel of Pakistan (you can easily use Pakistani rupees here - they're preferred).
If coming from Pakistan, it definitely makes sense to break up the trip with a stopover here.
You can get your photo taken by these picture boxes.
See the results...(the one in color is where the guy touched up the negative to make me look more 'bad-ass", which worked!
My friend had this done too (he's in the photo above, and all in this photo, except the far left)
Yo, this is me in the street with a traffic circle behind me with a big soccer ball on top..
The gutter in the picture is very common along all the streets, and sometimes has a nice flow of water through it, keeping things cleaner. Other times, they're full of garbage and stink, however. And they're not impossible to fall into so be careful.
- Pros:Interesting city, nice people
- Cons:Too many dudes carrying big guns.
- In a nutshell:Jalalabad-ass town.
The loser in the middle insisted I take his photo, which I did to get rid of him (digital camera). This was after he... more travel advice
Wanderboy43's Related Pages
Jalalabad Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Interesting city (on the way to Kabul)"
- "GREEN FOR ALL SEASONS"
- See All...
- Hotels in Jalalabad
- Restaurants in Jalalabad
- Warnings and Dangers in Jalalabad
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Jalalabad
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Jalalabad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jalalabad
Photos in JalalabadSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kashgar Intro, 16 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kabul Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Almaty Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Peshawar Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Bogotá Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hunza Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Fergana Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Xi'an Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Chitral Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lahore Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos