"Bangalore was home for 3 1/2 months" Bangalore by Wanderboy43

Bangalore Travel Guide: 628 reviews and 982 photos

As a break during my year traveling in Asia, and as a destination (my #1 interest when starting my trip was to travel and live in India for at least a few months, I choose Bangalore to be the place to 'experience' India.
I stayed in a hotel for the first week before moving to a youth hostel (70rupees) for 3 weeks, and then finally a shared room in a house (as a PG - paying guest for the last 10 weeks).
To fill my time (and use my brain) I took some computer classes from different schools in town, as well as German classes (French is also offered at Alliance Frances). The weather in Bangalore is great year round, and the food is incredibly good. Although I'd had 'south indian' food before, there's something different about having in India. I think that the spices are just fresh. Bangalore offers coffee and beer as well, which I appreciated. Otherwise, you can visit the parks, and enjoy the little animals (rats) wandering the streets (or lying dead on the sidewalks). Hey, no place is perfect!

• Pros:The food (veg meal) and weather
  • Cons:Hotel Accomodation can be difficult to find
  • In a nutshell:Meals you can savour
  • Last visit to Bangalore: May 2004
  • Intro Updated Sep 24, 2004

Wanderboy43

“The journey is the goal”

Badges & Stats in Bangalore

Have you been to Bangalore?