"Bangalore was home for 3 1/2 months" Bangalore by Wanderboy43
Bangalore Travel Guide: 637 reviews and 1,004 photos
As a break during my year traveling in Asia, and as a destination (my #1 interest when starting my trip was to travel and live in India for at least a few months, I choose Bangalore to be the place to 'experience' India.
I stayed in a hotel for the first week before moving to a youth hostel (70rupees) for 3 weeks, and then finally a shared room in a house (as a PG - paying guest for the last 10 weeks).
To fill my time (and use my brain) I took some computer classes from different schools in town, as well as German classes (French is also offered at Alliance Frances). The weather in Bangalore is great year round, and the food is incredibly good. Although I'd had 'south indian' food before, there's something different about having in India. I think that the spices are just fresh. Bangalore offers coffee and beer as well, which I appreciated. Otherwise, you can visit the parks, and enjoy the little animals (rats) wandering the streets (or lying dead on the sidewalks). Hey, no place is perfect!
- Pros:The food (veg meal) and weather
- Cons:Hotel Accomodation can be difficult to find
- In a nutshell:Meals you can savour
This place opened up 4 months ago. As Bangalore can be more difficult to find accomodation than other Indian cities, it... more travel advice
I've stayed at both of these hotels. The Royal was 240 rupees a night. The bathroom is on the roof, but the rooms are... more travel advice
Wanderboy43's Related Pages
Bangalore Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bangalore my home"
- "Heylo Bangalore- gateway to Karnataka's treasures"
- "The Garden City"
- "The Gateway to India"
- "Bangalore- The Garden City"
- "From chirps to chips"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bangalore
- Hotels in Bangalore
- Transportation in Bangalore
- Nightlife in Bangalore
- Restaurants in Bangalore
- Shopping in Bangalore
- Warnings and Dangers in Bangalore
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bangalore
- 8 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Bangalore?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bangalore
- Posted in Travel Seattle Forum "Re: getting around and tours in..."
- updated a Bangalore Travel Page "Bangalore was home for 3 1/2 months"
- Wrote a Review Magestics Best (Budget Hotels... in Bangalore Hotels
- Uploaded a Photo to "Bangalore Youth Hostel"
- Commented on one of topoftheworl's Bangalore travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kashgar Intro, 16 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kabul Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Almaty Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Peshawar Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Bogotá Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hunza Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Fergana Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Xi'an Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Chitral Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lahore Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos