"Travel can open the heart" Wanderboy43's Profile

My guide literally pulled me up this mountain.

I've been lucky enough to have been able to travel to about 45 countries. I'm now settled in Seattle. Feel free to contact me if you are passing through Seattle; maybe I can show you around!

Snapshot from Kabul, Afghanistan Oct '03

Kabul was an extraordinary city to visit, especially given it's recent rule from the Taliban, and now just rebuilding and opening up to tourism again (okay, in a very small way).
I have more photos on my Kabul and Jalalabad page.
I'm very glad I was able to go to Kabul overland from Pakistan; it was a fascinating trip.

Beautiful tomb in Uch Sharif, Pakistan

Unfortunately, this tomb was damaged 150 years ago in a flood. Still, it's gorgeous; what a striking image!
I spent 5 weeks total in Pakistan (having originally only planned 2!). It was wonderful to travel in Pakistan; I feel very fortunate to have been able to take that trip.

• Intro Updated Jan 21, 2012

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Sep 9, 2013 at 2:56 AM

excellent places you've been to - and priceless photos!

• travelmad478's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Good Lord, look who's here! How the heck have you been??

• touristgal's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2010 at 10:23 AM

Wonderful travels!!! I may be coming up to Seattle for a 8 month contract. Would like to meet other travelers.

• athena004's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2007 at 1:14 AM

wonderful pages and photos -- we've been to many of the same places and it's interesting to see them from your POV. keep it up!

• beebah's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2006 at 2:55 PM

Wonderful pages!

• joks's Profile Photo
    Feb 2, 2006 at 10:23 AM

wow..! what a nice page! I will come back to take a longer look at your pages and external website! I certainly hope to visit the Kalash valley and many other places you have seen!!!

• BorderHopper's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2005 at 4:50 PM

Michael, you've got some of the most fascinating pages I've come across on VT & that probably has something to do w/ the places you choose to explore! You've been to many places I wish to experience one day! Happy travels!

• yuet29's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2005 at 4:47 AM

Hi, u have a great page, i have visited your external page too and it is amazing! I want to visit india for so much.. and i believe I can make it one day in the future.

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Dec 14, 2004 at 9:16 AM

Caught you out Michael.......love your new home page Happy travels

• nygaston's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2004 at 2:26 AM

Beautifule pages ! I have visited your external pages : GREAT !

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Wanderboy43's Profile Photo

Wanderboy43

“The journey is the goal”

Real Name