"Discovering the world alone..." rp6686's Profile
Why to discover the world alone? Why not?
In my opinion there is no other way of travelling but alone. When you are on your own you don’t have to care if others feel like sleeping all day long (instead of visiting 218 churches and 165 monuments which you don’t even know why they exist) or you can spend the whole day sitting in a café drinking beer and chatting with local people (probably ending up in someone’s house in a party without caring if there is someone waiting for you to arrive in the hostel and calling the police department reporting you as kidnapped).
More. When you are alone you HAVE TO interact with local people. So you make the effort to speak the local language instead of speaking your own language (if you decide to go abroad, of course).
What is the fun of going on holidays with people you get to see everyday, speaking the language you speak everyday, eating the (awful) food you eat everyday?
What is the fun of going on holidays and end up inside hundreds of museums (when there are probably hundreds more in your own home town which you don’t even know the name of) or buying tons of things you will never use, you will never know how to use, things you will give to people who will never care about it and will never understand its real value?
That's why I prefer to backpack... alone.
P.S.: I'm sorry if my english is not extremely good, my portuguese is much better... believe me! Please feel free to correct any mistake on any of my pages... just e-mail me.
Not So Frequently But Maybe Persistant Questions and Doubts
Why is your member name rp6686?
Well... rp is for my first and last name and 6686 is my professional number.
What do you do for a living?
I am a nurse.
I'm trying to figure it out but didn't succeed yet...
You are a Maurice Sendak's fan, aren't you?
Well... Actually, I never read any Sendak's book! More... I never read "Where the wild things are" the book or saw any "Where the wild things are" TV show. I found the pictures somewhere on the internet (I was searching Google for “wild” when I found these pictures) and thought it would be nice to use it as avatar... That's it! I'm so sorry if I disappointed all the Sendak's fans out there.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 191 Reviews
- 241 Photos
- 8 Countries
- 23 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- rp6686 and loira are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Warsaw Forum "Re: Airport to Warszawa Centralna..."
- Commented on Rok's profile page
- Uploaded a Photo to "Euro 2004"
updated their Personal Page "Euro 2004"
- Wrote a Review Zavod ŠOU Hostel Celica in Ljubljana Hotels
- updated a Bled Travel Page "Bled"
Top 10 Pages
- Coimbra Intro, 40 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lisbon Intro, 32 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 16 reviews, 18 photos
- Pisa Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Venice Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Sintra Intro, 8 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bologna Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Paris Intro, 9 reviews, 7 photos
- Europe Intro, 11 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ljubljana Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22172 Reviews - 53908 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15524 Reviews - 30894 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23065 Reviews - 47272 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1928 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8349 Reviews - 17018 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1909 Reviews - 4475 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7646 Reviews - 19527 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos