"Welcome to Ettlingen" Top 5 Page for this destination Ettlingen by yumyum

Ettlingen Travel Guide: 107 reviews and 418 photos

I finally made it to Ettlingen as an extension of the 3rd annual Karlsruhe Gluehwein meeting. Since then I've returned about twice.

Celts, Romans, Alamans and Franks inhabitated the area where the Alb river leaves the valley in the bronze and iron times. Ettlingen was first mentioned as Ediningom in 788.

• In a nutshell:Small historical town well worth a visit!
  • Last visit to Ettlingen: Jun 2011
  • Intro Updated Dec 12, 2011

• Aunt_Bertha's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2012 at 8:15 AM

I agree with Malena. Ettlingen is a nice little town to visit once in a while. Lucky me that I have been there :-)
    Hahaha, the TL tram photo!! And LOL@the long yummy bratwurst that fell into bits, and the Ettlingen playground sign :-))

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2011 at 1:04 AM

Ettlingen looks like a nice little town, a good place for a Christmas market and a VT-meeting!

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2010 at 3:50 PM

Hi Sonja. Having a great time viewing everyone's Ettlingen pages! What fun you guys had :o) Think we might stay here next year. Hugs, Ann xx

• Apr 21, 2009 at 6:20 AM

Excellent pictures! i love the tip and the picture of Fachwerk houses!

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2008 at 4:01 AM

Lovely Ettlingen page. I especially liked tge Castkem St, Martin and the Fachwerk houses. Also thanks for visiting my Rothenberg ob der Tauber. It is such a lovely town.

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Apr 16, 2008 at 12:35 PM

I need to decide where to visit on the Sat of Euromeet. Your helpful page and pretty photos make me think that Ettlingen could be for me!

• gubbi1's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2008 at 12:45 PM

I went here by bike during my Karlsruhe years... memories .... :)

• y2ketan2007's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2007 at 12:24 PM

Lovely little place and some nice pictures.Regards.

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2007 at 11:19 PM

Definately being added to my travel list. Thanks for introducing this lovely village to me ;-)

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2007 at 2:14 PM

I'd like to visit this picturesque little town with some great architecture. Half-timbered houses look great at night in your pictures.

yumyum

“Just go and enjoy, you never know what's around the next corner”

Badges & Stats in Ettlingen

Have you been to Ettlingen?

Latest Activity in Ettlingen