"Welcome to Grainbach" Grainbach by yumyum

Grainbach Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 31 photos

We came to Grainbach because we know some people living here and thought that it would be a good idea to stay in the same village and make it a base to explore the region.

Grainbach is also the gateway to the Hochries which is a mountain ridge that is 1569 meters above sea level. Due to the bad weather after our first day, we didn’t get the chance to explore the mountain. We’ll just have to come back sometime.

In and around Grainbach several farms also offer farmstays. This a good idea for family holidays.

• In a nutshell:Gateway to the Hochries
  • Last visit to Grainbach: Jan 2009
  • Intro Updated Jan 11, 2009

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2011 at 1:28 PM

Lovely page Sonja! We loved this area, it was so pretty! Every time I saw those Maypole's, I had to stop for a photo, I thought they were wonderful! Love you pension too, and the painted furniture, something different to what I see here.

• Elisabcn's Profile Photo
    Nov 5, 2009 at 1:38 PM

Hunger ist der beste Koch :-) Viel Glück und Küsse von hier aus :-) :-) :-)

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2009 at 10:59 AM

What a lovely place. The historical markers and the chapes are so elegant. Something to be said about the simple things in life, this place is beautiful.

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2009 at 12:31 PM

An interesting page Sonja. The church sounds lovely and I liked the local customs tip - I have seen similar New Year musicians in a small market town in Northumberland :-)

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Feb 22, 2009 at 12:12 AM

Hallo, Sonja! Vielen Dank! Bleib gesund! Ich besuche solche Orte auch gern....

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2009 at 3:30 PM

We have planned a trip to the area-and do to your and other great comments, may have to expand the time to be here. Very good comments on sites

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2009 at 1:25 PM

Lovely little winter retreat Sonja = I do like those little shrines and small chapels & I see snow flakes in your pictures!!

• BillNJ's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2009 at 7:32 AM

Interesting page. Grainbach looks like a lovely place to spend some time.

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
    Jan 20, 2009 at 5:25 PM

A good page, I especially like the hotel tip :D

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Jan 19, 2009 at 10:45 AM

Too bad the weather was not good enough to explore the mountain! Nice tips!

yumyum

“Just go and enjoy, you never know what's around the next corner”

Badges & Stats in Grainbach

Have you been to Grainbach?

Latest Activity in Grainbach