"Willkommen in Konstanz am Bodensee" Konstanz by yumyum

Konstanz Travel Guide: 221 reviews and 792 photos

Konstanz can be comfortably reached from Switzerland. It's an easy daytrip from Zürich, from where it takes less than 2 hours by train. It's popular for Swiss people to hop over the border for shopping. In pre-Christmas time there is a small X-mas market in the center and on the shore of the lake.

In the flower season most people head of course to the "Insel Mainau" and its beautiful park and botanical gardens.

This lady is constantly dancing. You may have to wait till she turns the right way for the pic!

• Last visit to Konstanz: Nov 2003
  • Intro Updated Dec 6, 2003

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Mar 25, 2013 at 11:07 AM

I like the buildings here. Sounds quite a nice spot beside the lake.

• yumyum's Profile Photo
      Mar 25, 2013 at 11:49 PM

Thanks, I revisited a few times but was too lazy to extend my pages. Certainly well worth visiting.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2010 at 4:22 AM

Hi Sonja, I think my visit to Konstanz was even shorter than yours. I took a ship from Meersburg to Konstanz, walked around for an hour and then took the next ship back. Konstanz is where they start counting km of the Rhine, from the middle of the bridge.

• german_eagle's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2010 at 8:39 AM

Musste doch noch mal kurz reingucken in Deine Konstanz-Seite ... da geht doch noch was, oder? :-)

• alancollins's Profile Photo
    Aug 10, 2008 at 7:58 AM

I spent a short holiday in Konstanz years ago in the 60's and went to Zurich for a day.

• Toshioohsako's Profile Photo
    Dec 3, 2007 at 11:35 AM

Nice Konstanz. i always wanted to come here but have not made it yet.

• Toyin's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2007 at 1:38 AM

This is very interesting..the custom and their curiosity and eye for details. May be you should give us more gist about this divide.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Feb 19, 2007 at 8:47 AM

Nice, little town with beautiful architecture and many Swiss shoppers to see :-) And to see how the state border checkup looks like.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Sep 26, 2006 at 12:07 PM

Nice little page, but why is the exchange of goods still so difficult between Germany and lovely Switzerland. At least I hope I can bring some chocolate without being arrested at the customs. :-)

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2006 at 12:24 AM

I've never been to Konstanz but now after an acquaintance with your page I'll try to get there sometime...

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Feb 22, 2004 at 6:50 PM

I did not expect such great architecture and facades in Konstanz ! Thanks for the tip !

yumyum

“Just go and enjoy, you never know what's around the next corner”

Badges & Stats in Konstanz

Have you been to Konstanz?

Photos in Konstanz